1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Zombie Dust - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Zombie DustZombie Dust

Wants: 3,297
Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.40% ABV

This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one's only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry. Art by Tim Seeley.

(Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Zombie Dust Alström Bros
3.25/5  rDev -29.7%

GimmeGumballHead, May 14, 2013

Jordy777, May 14, 2013

BeastLU, May 14, 2013
3.94/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Poured from bottle into pint glass , almost an orange color with a one finger head and nice lacing

The nose is sweet and malty with hints of citrus , pine and earthy tones

Super mouthfeel on this beer with just the right amount of carbonation , goes down so smooth

The taste is super hop forward , the malt kind of comes through in the middle the the malt and the bitterness comes through at the end.

This is just wonderful , the flavors are all so complex but come together so nicely and make for one hell of a brew.

ubenumber2, May 14, 2013

earlholman, May 14, 2013

bainard, May 14, 2013
4.69/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Drinking a fresh one right now as I review this.

I'll never forget the first time I had this. I was new to craft beers, though I knew what to look out for. As a noob, I found myself taking sip after sip of my glass, getting a lot of flavor, but not enough of it, so I wanted more.

Living in IL, I take ZD for granted sometimes, as FFF releases it whenever they can. I don't hunt for it all the time, but when it's on sale at the brew pub, or if I see it on a shelf, it's a special treat.

I'm a single hop guy, I like to experience the pure flavor of a single hop in all its glory. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy complex beers, but that can get very subjective at some point.

It looks wonderful for an APA. a bright amber hue, head that sticks to all sides of your glass, never liquefying, but clinging on as proof to the solidity of this beer. It smells rich. It smells of that signature FFF taste. It tastes of the signature FFF beer, but with a sweet citrus that seems to fight with the bitter finish. Crisp. Refreshing. Sits on the palate for just the right amount of time. Lingering. Begging for another sip. The mouthfeel is medium, just enough to not be chewing gum. So you want more.

I'm biased. Citra and Mosaic are my favorite hop variety. But if you enjoy citra, This is worth seeking out. You'll need the whole six pack.

4amepiphany, May 14, 2013

zestar, May 14, 2013

tyelton2, May 14, 2013

No other APA like it out there . Ordered on draft at Sonka's pub in Terre Haute, IN. I heard from a few different sources though, that this beer has been completely sold out in TH and the brewery ran out of ZB ingredients for the year. I guess I'll have to wait til next year :( FFF does it again with a top quality beer. Cheers!

UncleBart91, May 13, 2013

Holy s**t! First of all I would like to thank beergod1 for the trade! Your package will arrive soon buddy!

This beer is awesome, and I don't think there are words to describe how awesome this beer is! Please drive ir get a partner who can send you this beer of gods to you! It's a must try! Everything about zombie dust is perfect! I am planning on moving to Munster, Indiana after this experience!

tvl89, May 13, 2013

Absolut, May 13, 2013
4.6/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

12 oz. bottle, no freshness date. Bottle courtesy of bjohnston, thanks Brian!

A - Pours a cloudy dark amber, fluffy thick three finger head. Sticky lacing lingers throughout as I drink the beer.

S - Lots of tropical and citrus fruits, very strong nose. No apparent malts in the nose, definitely very unique for the style and trending towards IPA.

T - Oh wow, am I drinking fruit or am I drinking fruit. A lot of orange peel, mango, kiwi, and even orange juice itself. Definitely does not drink like a pale ale, where the typical biscuity malt backbone would be expected. To a fault, this throws it to the side of being unbalanced.

M - Heavier than a typical APA, but had no issues with drinking multiple in a night. Not too sticky or heavy on the tongue.

Overall, I would have to say this is the best APA I have ever had, but not to say that it is traditional in any sense. A wonderful explosion of juiciness I would love to have again in the future.

nesarebad, May 13, 2013