Zombie Dust - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Wants: 3,386
Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.40% ABV

This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one's only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry. Art by Tim Seeley.

(Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Zombie Dust Alström Bros

tomkaz, Apr 16, 2013

pauljunk, Apr 16, 2013
4.73/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Pours slightly hazy amber with about 1.5 fingers of eggshell head. Head doesn't really go anywhere. Just kind of sits around patiently as if it's saying, "take your time. I'll wait." Also, some of the best bottle art out there!

Smells potent and hop heavy. Nose reminds me of Two-Hearted, but sweeter--strange considering each use a different single-hop variety. Very fruity (I'm thinking the sweetness is pineapple and the bitterness is grapefruit). Very inviting. Let's enjoy...

Sweet, rich, well-rounded, and very deep brew. It hits all parts of my palate with different sensations. Sweet and juicy on the front; a little bitter, floral, and resinous on the middle; a sweet (candi sugar)/spicy (black pepper) kick on the back. What an interesting flavor. There is also a bitter-sweet aftertaste that is very pleasant.

The mouthfeel is light/medium and very crisp. Extremely drinkable. A little bit of resin rests on the tongue after each drink. It keeps you coming back for more.

Overall...Yeah, I understand the hype. Definitely one of the best APAs (or IPAs depending how you categorize it) I've had. However, it didn't blow my head off and completely change my perspective on beer. Honestly, I don't think any beer can match the high expectations set for ZD. Still, it's awesome. Simply fantastic. Superb. So. Fucking. Good.

lunarbrew, Apr 16, 2013

Lewie8619, Apr 16, 2013
4.46/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Had my first taste of this tonight 4/15 and now I want more.

Pours a nice golden color with an ivory head.

Aroma of hops, citrus, and freshness.

Nice hoppy flavor smooth finish just a slight hint of bitterness after warming a bit.

I will be on the look out for more of this.

Dag87, Apr 16, 2013

FUwolfpacker, Apr 16, 2013

drgonzo2k2, Apr 16, 2013

BeakDabbler, Apr 16, 2013

smccann, Apr 16, 2013
4.91/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Poured from a 12oz. bottle purchased as part of a 24-pack case at Three Floyds Brewpub in Munster, Indiana.

I know this might be a Pale Ale to hop-crazy FFF, but to most people this is a straight-up IPA so I reviewed it as such.

A - Looks like a typical IPA with that golden amber color. A slight head forms, but not too much, which is what beers should have. This implies a proper level of carbonation.

S - breathtaking smell of hops - this is why i love IPAs (and brewing beer)

T - citrus flavor, hops are detected but not overpowering, just a perfect blend of malts and hops to make a solidly balanced IPA.

M - Perfect carbonation level. I feel a slight tingle on my tongue as I detect the carbonation, but the beer is smooth and goes down easy.

O - How much do I like this beer? Let's just say that about once every two months my dad and I drive to Munster and purchase four 24-pack cases. This is one of my favorite beers.

mjc3151, Apr 16, 2013

KVNBGRY, Apr 15, 2013

NickHerrmann, Apr 15, 2013
4.86/5  rDev +5.2%

Popped open a 3-week old Zombie Dust and poured it into a Three Floyds teku glass.. Obviously. The beer is a beautiful orange color with a wonderful floral, hoppy smell. It is the perfect balance of sweet and bitter hoppiness, with citrusy notes and a smooth finish. I could honestly drink this every night and not get sick of it. That's how good it is. Lives up to the hype. No doubt. Definitely one of the best beers I have ever had.

dwagner003, Apr 15, 2013