Zombie Dust - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Wants: 3,604
Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.20% ABV

(Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Zombie Dust Alström Bros

I am coming back now to write a quick blurb on this beer. I have had it on tap at 3F's and it was amazing, but I hadnt had a chance to sit down at home, pour my own, and really think about it...

A great friend from IL just sent me a fresh 12 pack of these beauties and I sat down to properly enjoy one poured into my 3F's Teku. THIS BEER IS AMAZING! I thought maybe I had built it up in my head based on other reviews and the excitement I had to drink more, but that is NOT the case. This is the perfect beer. Litterally. If I could rated this at a 10 I would.

This beer is everything that I want from an IPA (I know, its an APA), you can sip it slowly, you can session it, you can live on it. I would drink this every day if it was possible. Seek out this beer and savor every sip.

3.25/5  rDev -29.5%

4.75/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Perfect would too strong of a word. So very good on every level. Look taste color and ....and ...and ... The one draw back was my local so cal vendor got it as a mistake and I have not seen a bottle on the west cost since then ( no I know what pliney fans are going throug)

Do your self a favor, you see this beer buy it all, buy everything on the shelf... Then call me so I can buy it from you

Just yummy

3.75/5  rDev -18.7%

4.5/5  rDev -2.4%

Appearance: Cloudy brown at top. Great tan foam and lacing.

Smell: Pine hops. Not as complex as I expected, but it hits this note superbly.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Basically and IPA. Pine, grapefruit, and one of the best bodies of any beer I've had. It's sorta the Halle Berry of beer's in that department if you catch my drift. I can definitely taste why they call this Zombie Dust...it's all in the feel. Very subtle, but it lingers for quite a while after it sneaks up on you like a flesh-eating zombie.

Overall Drinkability: Incredibly beers. Earns extra points for having a name that perfectly describes itself.

4.44/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Served in a pint glass at Local Optiom in Chicago. Pours a hazy but vibrant orange/golden color with a really thin white head, and lots of thick cling.

Smells of bright mango/passion/citrus fruit, with a nice hop balance.

Taste is similar, with mango most obvious. It also has this resinous character to it, but it's not too piney.

Feel is nice and smooth for the style, light to medium carbonation, but nice and creamy. There is a distinct pulp aftertaste.

Overall, Zombie Dust probably not a 5. It's very good, and I'm glad I got to try it. Would love to sample in a bottle.

4.55/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A: Oh my, already smelling citrusy hops before I finish pouring. Vibrant orange body with a golden hue. Body appears thin. Thin head with adequate retention.

S: First noticed a strong pale malt aroma followed by a uniquely juicy fruit hops. Deep whiff is oily/resiny.

T: Pungent, hint of tangerine pucker, softly sweet as strawberries, tropical taste of mango. All the malts do is give strong support to launch such potent hop flavors, definitely strong but not struggling for attention.

M: Slightly dry lingering, seems well attenuated by the higher alcohol and lighter body. Carbonation is subtle but lively. Hop bitterness is mild at most.

O: The beer itself does not blow me away as it is straight forward, not much complexity. However, I am extremely impressed the way the hops are showcased. FFF does something unique in their hopping process that other breweries do not replicate, and that does include the wild hop bombs of Sierra Nevada, DFH, Russian River...

Zombie Dust from Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub