Zombie Dust - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Wants: 3,398
Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.40% ABV

This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one's only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry. Art by Tim Seeley.

(Beer added by: hansgruber on 12-09-2010)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Zombie Dust Alström Bros

ECalebrews449, Dec 23, 2012

SaxmanRick, Dec 22, 2012

Daemose, Dec 22, 2012

PatrickGossett, Dec 22, 2012
4.95/5  rDev +7.1%

A- A nice hazy orange/golden color with a short lasting off-white head, which leaves some lacing.

S- Up front there are obvious notes of pine and grapefruit. More of the piney smell than anything, in my opinion. There is a nice earthy, grassy, floral scent that goes along with this and the other citrus/tropical fruit notes.

T- One of the most well-balanced hoppy beers I have had the privilege of tasting (seems like more than just a "pale ale" though). Tons of citrus (grapefruit) and hops blend with the malt; combined with the floral/earthy notes, this is one hell of a beer!

O- I am so glad I was able to try this. Only wish I had more than one bottle. Hopefully I will land more in a trade soon. ZD is definitely one of the best hoppy beers I have tried, and easily stands up beside Pliny and Heady. At this point, I am unable to decide which I like better....but Zombie Dust is magnificent!

brother_kenneth, Dec 22, 2012
4.48/5  rDev -3%

Thanks to Tim from the beer club for bringing me a six pack today at work! Poured into my DFH pint glass. Beautiful hazy orange color with a nice head that give way to some decent lacing. I could smell it from across my desk when I poured it, the wonderful fruity notes from the citra hops! It reminds me a lot of the Laughing Dog citra hop ale they did for Capital Ale Houses 10th anniversary. "I wish it were winter, we could make it into ice blocks and skate on it! And then melt it in the spring time and drink it!" Yeah, wish I had more than a sixer.

madtrixter787, Dec 22, 2012

451beer, Dec 21, 2012

Pat316, Dec 21, 2012

doucmehu, Dec 21, 2012

jtingue, Dec 21, 2012
4.38/5  rDev -5.2%

A - clear golden straw color with a solid finger of white head that retains only slightly and leaves minimal lacing

S - I'm getting some serious oniony/earthy and citrus hop notes from this bottle (previous bottle was more fruit/citrus)... Pretty strong so it overpowers any effect of malt... Nice clean aroma that gets you excited to drink

T - the hops are in your face... Earthy/oniony to start, with a little hint of some malty sweetness in between before the citrus hops finish it off... They obviously wanted the hops to be the primary target, so the malt character was left very basic and minimal

M - vibrant, not harsh... Almost perfect amount of carbonation for an ipa

O - one of my top 5 IPAs of all time... Definitely should grab this one if you can

csiewert, Dec 21, 2012
4.76/5  rDev +3%

I was very excited to finally try this beer. It lives up to my expectations.

Appearance: A nice orange- light copper with a white one finger head and some good lacing.

Aroma: Very hoppy. Grapefruit, pine, pineapple, tangerine, mango, and a little floral.

Taste: Very similar to the aroma. Tropical fruits and pine. A little bit of caramel-toasty malt. The malt becomes a bit stronger as the beer warms, but the hops dominate heavily all throughout.

Mouthfeel: Median bodied and carbonation. The finish is a little dry and hops bitterness lingers shortly. Very easy to drink.

Overall: This is a great hoppy pale ale. It leans more of an IPA. Tons of flavors. I really enjoyed Zombie Dust and something I will happily have again.

zrbeer1579, Dec 21, 2012

Imacopyouidiot, Dec 19, 2012

DougRFlowers, Dec 19, 2012
4.53/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

After I've enjoyed a total of 3 cases of this beer over the past year I think I'll finally rate it.

It has truly been a pleasure getting to try this beer, and I've been lucky enough to be able to travel to this brewery twice in the past few months.... I can't sing their praises enough.

A&S: beautiful opaque deep copper colored beer. Layers of foamy white lacing, head stays in a thin layer on the top. Powerful citrus (peeled orange) and floral (lemon grassy) scents. Sight tropical and grapefruittyness to it as as well.

T&M: Not super complex, but quite a knock out as far as a bold tasting brew. Taste is very similar to the smell only more citrus. The finish is splendidly bitterness, clean, and dry. Body is medium and carbonation is mild.

overall: Easily the best pale I've ever had, I couldn't think of a better beer to relax with on a late spring/early fall. All the extras with this beer are nice as well: great bottle design and name.

minterro, Dec 19, 2012