Dark Lord Imperial Stout - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

Russian Imperial Stout |  15.00% ABV

Availability: Spring

A Demonic Imperial Russian stout brewed with INTELLIGENTSIA coffee,vanilla, and molasses.

Dark Lord is only available once a year at Dark Lord Day at the Three Floyds Brewpub.

Vintage guide:

Yellow wax = 2011 - 15% ABV
Red wax = 2012 - 15% ABV
Orange wax = 2013 - New Label 15% ABV
Blue wax - 2014 - 15% ABV

(Beer added by: cretemixer on 12-13-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Dark Lord Imperial Stout Alström Bros
3.9/5  rDev -8.9%

Poured a 2010 22 oz bottle into an oversized red wine glass to capture the aroma.
A: Black with brown hues, it poured with a thin chocolate head that died to a thin lace and collar.
S: Deep caramel raisin, bananas, brandy/red wine/rum apparent alcohol, some chocolate espresso, and a clean oaky vanilla.
T: Caramel banana sweet rum, raisin, chocolate bars, and a biting alcohol reminiscent to port or thick marsala.
M: Very syrupy and creamy, with some frothiness. It leaves a thickness on the mouth like a dessert wine.
D: Whoa! Not really. I could have many more of most other RISs. I wish I could give this one a better score, but it's definitely a sipping beer.

ne0m00re, Apr 30, 2010
2.25/5  rDev -47.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

Poured into a snifter on 4/12/10; shared with two friends

2009 vintage

The color is a very dark scorched crimson brown, which appears jet black once settled in the glass. I honestly don't know as that I'd liken it to motor oil. Is it dense, thick & viscous? Yeah, man. But motor oil? The pour resulted in hardly any head. Despite a few intense swirls conjuring the most minute layer of film, there is nothing in terms of retention. Of course it follows that there is no lacing.

The aroma is pretty good. Dark fruits & burnt malts are notable. Notes of prunes, plum, raisins & currants, though the latter is a little less apparent than the others. Molasses, caramel, brown sugar overtones. Something in there is akin to tobacco - maybe dip spit. Hints of sweet dark chocolate. This smells very sweet; maybe too much so. Some alcohol heat is apparent as well.

Upfront, I think the taste is rather good. It is a complex culmination of burnt malts, potent dark fruits & sugars. Smooth & sweet milk chocolate blends with hits of roasted coffee. My enjoyment of the taste starts to wane during the middle when a much-too-potent sweetness becomes apparent. It just turns into a sticky sweet mess, in my opinion. The problem seems to stem from the beer trying to do too much at once. On the one hand are the burnt aspects, on the other, the sweet aspects - either of which would be passable were the other scaled down. Couple that tobacco harshness & I think it's just too much. This sentiment is only intensified by a weird numbing medicinal quality that manifests toward the end. Meh.

For the most part I can't fault the mouthfeel. The body is full with reasonable viscosity. Carbonation is appropriately very low. Lingering on the finish are notes of burnt tobacco & alcohol. Unfortunately the numbing quality detracts from the overall feel. Other than that the mouthfeel is quite good.

While I didn't find Dark Lord "all it's cracked up to be," I would not be opposed to trying it again. I would actually like to try it fresh to see if the harsher nature of the beer overshadows the sweetness as I presume it might. As it stands, this beer is still suspect in my opinion. I will certainly update & adjust accordingly if I have a different experience.

Ryan011235, Apr 28, 2010
4.83/5  rDev +12.9%

2010 Dark Lord

A: pours super dark super thick. a very small, thin light brown head

S: smells of dark chocolate, cocoa, roasted malts and dark fruits, dark roasted coffee beans

T: wow! I mean WOW! absolutely wonderful. sweet and bitter. roasted malts dance perfect with the hops. dark chocolate and fruits and a hint of dark coffee beans.

M: thick, chewy, heavy yet smooth. coats your mouth perfectly

D: incredibly drinkable at the big 15% abv. a little hot on the throat but I can imagine this will mellow and be even more incredible in 6+ months or so. Can't wait to try it then.

So glad I got to try this amazing RIS. Can't wait to try it over the next couple years to see how much better it gets. Time is on this beers side.

Highly recommend to all!

CosmoHopHead, Apr 27, 2010
4.78/5  rDev +11.7%

Ah, my first sip of Dark Lord at the 2010 DLD. Served in a plastic cup after claiming by bottles

The pour is oil black with a very small head that dissipates quickly. Totally opaque. Smells of dark chocolate, molasses, and plenty of sugar. Coffee is present but not very noticeable. Taste is amazingly great. Thick as oil and packed with malts, sugar, and chocolate. For the huge ABV this drinks well for a stout. Will look forward to popping the first bottle in 6 months to see how it develops. This beer deserves all the hype it reserves.

abrand, Apr 26, 2010
4.15/5  rDev -3%

In the last couple of years, we've seen some potential cracks in the armour of this highly hyped monster stout. After a widely acclaimed version in 2008, some felt that the 2009 was just a sugar and soy bomb. Between that and the explosion of Dark Lord Day into an over-sold drunken mosh-pit, some of the gleem has worn off the DL label. While the event still has its problems, I'm happy to say that the beer is back with a vengeance.

At a glance, DL exhibits its classic qualities. Every black-hole, light-sucking, bottomless pit metaphor has been used to describe this beer, so I'll just say it's dark. Very dark. On the pour, a half-finger head tries to make a brief appearance, but it is swiftly beaten into submission, never to appear again. No lacing, no whisps of bubbles, just a flat, smooth, dark surface.

The smell leans strongly towards the sweet: burnt molasses, prune and dark chocolate take the lead. A whiff of tobacco and espresso round things out. There's a little soy and booze on the nose as well, but not enough to throw things off too much.

The mouthfeel is just about perfect. Whereas the '09 had a motor-oil consistency that seems to polarize reviewers, the 2010 has a slightly more subtle vinous feel: full and velvety, but not suffocatingly thick.

A few sips shows that the 2010 DL vintage is not an unbalanced lunatic. Instead, this year's version brings some complexity to the mix. The familiar sweetness is there of course: creme caramel, milk chocolate, and port qualities take their familiar role at the lead. However, unlike last year, the coffee flavors are allowed to slowly work their way into the mix. By the end, this beer is, in its own freakish way, balanced. Don't get me wrong, Dark Lord is still a very sweet stout. If you prefer a stout that leans towards charred coffee flavors, this may not be the beer for you.

The boozy finish (turbo-charged to 15% this year) knocks this down a peg or two on both taste and drinkability. That said, given its complexity, the 2010 shows immense potential for aging. Once the booze calms down a bit, I think ultimately this will go down as one of the best vintages of this beast.

chicagobeerriot, Apr 26, 2010
4.58/5  rDev +7%

on tap DLD

pours pitch black (one of the darkest beers i have had) no head just some tan bubbles on the edge of the cup

smell - not as enticing as the vanilla bean DL but still very good - rich heavy roasted chocolate malts coffee dark fruit

taste - like the smell big flavors roasted malts chocolate malts dark fruit carmel toffee malts some coffee and good amount of hops

mouthfeel - heavy thick viscous coats the inside of your mouth - just what you want in a huge ris that tastes so good

drinkability was great - the high abv didnt stop me from having 2 cups

jsh420, Apr 26, 2010
4.88/5  rDev +14%

After buying our bottles at DLD '10, we sat down at a table inside the brewery and enjoyed our sample of DL.

Very dark, as expected with little to no head....as expected. The smell was intoxicating. Huge caramel, coffee, molasses/brown sugar smell. Taste was even better, again sweet caramel flavor, but the coffee came up more than it was in smell. Drinks a bit hot, but at 15% how could it not. This should age very well. Mouthfeel is thick! Overall, an amazing beer, and such a treat to taste. I'm thinking a bottle of this split amongst 5 or 6 people would be great after a good meal.

levifunk, Apr 25, 2010
4.97/5  rDev +16.1%

Thanks to our good buddy Adam for picking these up at DLD, especially considering what an absolute fing mess I heard it was...

Anyways on to the beer.

A: Damn this beer is dark! I mean this beer is blacker than Wesley Snipes on a cold winter night; 1/4 finger mocha colored head. The beer is just gorgeous, except for the total lack of lacing/head retention.

S: Strong! You can smell it from a couple feet away honestly. A wonderful combo of licorice, sweetness, coffee up the wazoo and a faint balance from vanilla. This is everything I could have hoped for so far.

T: Nice coffee taste mixed with licorice and some fruit sweetness (perhaps some dry black cherries). This beer is just super balanced and awesome; like Surly's Darkness but a bit smokier.

D/M: Awesome! Smooth, Full, and leaving me wanting more and more. It just gets better and better as you drink it, I can honestly say I would rather drink this than climb to the summit of Mt Everest or make babies with Megan Fox... God this is good!!!!

This is a great beer, totally worth the wait my friend went through to get it for himself and me; honestly no matter how much DLD sucked this year, I am promising myself I will suffer through all of it's hellishness to be there next year to get this great brew (and taste DL vanilla bean).

Second best beer I've ever had, only behind Surly's Darkness (which was an aged 08 bottle).

jt31914, Apr 25, 2010
4.7/5  rDev +9.8%

2010 Dark Lord, here we go..

Pours with a thick, reversing cascading head, just like the bottle says. No shit.

It smells like a burnt-chocolate, burnt-fruits, "overboard" type of stout that you know you wanna take it easy on. Again, the bottle description gives away what you'll smell.

The taste is...what I thought Dark Lord should taste like. As someone who was very unimpressed with the '09, the '10 is a whole new ballgame. The dried fruits, chocolate, coffee and soy flavor come together in a very strict order, its amazing what 3Floyds has done to this beer and I tip my hat to them.

Mouthfeel is a rich, decadent beer that, with a year on it will be a top 5 beer. Even after only a month old, the alcohol is hardly noticable.

Drinkability? If I only had more. This changed my mind on DL, after the drain pour of the '09. It is worth seeking out.

sohio, Apr 25, 2010
4.47/5  rDev +4.4%

on tap @ 2010 dark lord day

pour was jet black with light head, VERY light head which was dark cocoa. no retention or lacing

very light sweetness, light roasted malts, faint floral hops. bits of dark fruit and coffee.

very sweet, i mean very sweet. the sweetness took over from the rest of the flavors. light charcoal roasted malts, faint hints of coffee and faint floral hops. bits of molasses and dark fruits. they mixed together well for a nice complex and rich stout.

very thick, with a bit of a syrupy feel. a throat coater indeed.

this was easy to drink as it was much lighter than the vanilla bean and oak aged so this was far more drinkable. for 15% or so they say, this drank painfully easy.

hooliganlife, Apr 25, 2010
4.65/5  rDev +8.6%

Drank out of a bottle 2010 edition
Pours a black color with a thin head
Smells of sweet malts and prunes I think
Taste like sweet dark fruits slight roasted
The mouth feel is thinner than years past but still is reasonable
It goes down smooth would not want to drink a bottle per person but you could if you wanted to

raznug, Apr 25, 2010
3.35/5  rDev -21.7%

2009 vintage, poured into a Duvel glass. Inky black color, light does not penetrate. Thick and oily, with no head to speak of. Aromas of dark chocolate, roasted malt, raisins and prunes. Huge roasted malt flavors, along with milk chococate, some vanilla and alcohol. Thick and oily liquid coats the mouth, and finishes heavy and hot. A good experience, but not up to the hype.

emmasdad, Apr 16, 2010
3.28/5  rDev -23.4%

2009 Vintage - 22oz. bottle poured into my "mini" Three Floyds imperial pint glass...

Pours black and dense with a nice two fingers of dark tan head which goes away pretty quickly, some lacing is left behind...

Smell is initially of sweet lactose and chocolate mixed with a bit of soy sauce...just overall very sweet with a bit of alcohol in the back...

This beer has really gone downhill in the year since Dark Lord Day '09...salty, soy sauce and a bit metallic, no real balance here. I remember it being good on draft at the brewpub and this is probably the 5th bottle I have had since then, all being slightly worse than the previous...seems this beer is really not aging well at all. The saltiness is still prevalent while a cloying sweet flavor emerges, weird, I know...a bit of bourbony booze and some dark fruits...

Thick, creamy and slick...boozy burn with little carbonation...not bad, not great...

Wow, really disappointed with this one. Had many before, liked it at first (maybe the bias of drinking an uber hyped beer?) but now I feel it is just falling apart. Really hoping the 2010 Vintage is better...

hawks10, Apr 07, 2010
4.35/5  rDev +1.6%

Big tnx to a generous trader. 09 bottle poured into my cigar city snifter.

A- I hate to use the used motor oil card here...but it is what it is. No head. I get my swirl on with my snifter and a slight crimson ring emerges. Nice legs left behind.

S- Molasses, booze, licorice, malts, prunes, and raisins.

T- The nose is right on here. Big malts start it out. Sweet molasses and prunes follow. I get some licorice and the alcohol is definitely present, but not overwhelming. This is one of my favorite RIS that I have tried. It's right behind Kate.

M- Thick and chewy. I get a slight burn from the alcohol.

D- Is really good for this big brew.

urwithdave, Apr 05, 2010
4.58/5  rDev +7%

Although I'm a member of Beer Advocate, I'm not much of a reviewer. I promised brdc I'd do the review on this one.

The beer tasting of a lifetime, maybe two or three lifetimes. Between brdc and me with the help of others, we've done some pretty amazing samplings in the past, (think Dark Lord, Darkness, Abyss, Speedway, Peche Mortel, and others in a single evening tasting), but this one tops even that.

brdc did this one on his own, (the rest of us helped with food), a full Dark Lord Vertical, '04 through '09, (ok, I was able to bring the '08 and '09). I really didn't press him for full details on how how he managed this, or what it cost him in time, blood and cold hard cash. I wasn't sure I wanted to hear the answers.

I won't repeat all the superlatives about this beer, eg, the most incredible thick creamy mouthfeel, the deep opaque brown/black appearance that says, "lose yourself in me", the intoxicating aromas, (except the '06 - see below), the bar-setting taste, etc, etc, etc.

Here's how I thought they stacked up:

'08 - the best - mellow, well integrated, superb, maybe the best imperial I ever had. A solid 5 overall. Oddly enough, when we did the aforementioned mult-imperial tasting, the consensus best was the Dark Lord, and it was the '08.

'04 - next best, almost as good as the '08, not quite there, still a 5 overall. The proportion of sludge was highest in this one, good for some, eg, brdc, ("give me the spoon and leave me in peace and ecstasy), not so good for others. Very, very good, not past its prime, but, I'm not sure how many more years it's good for. Since this is my first and last taste of it, I don't have to worry.

'05, '07 - both up to the Dark Lord standard, just not up there with '08 and '04. Put them at 4.5's or better.

'09 - needs more time in the cellar, not ready for prime time. Too harsh and too green. The promise is there, but it's just not grown up yet.

'06 - this was not a particularly good beer. Strong ketone aroma and taste, (think nail polish remover). I think it unlikely that it was the whole year's batch, more likely the cellaring or shipping of this particular bottle, although I don't know. It'd be interesting to know other people's experience with the '06. I've had a Blackout stout with a similar character. A solid 3.8 overall.

One man's highly opinionated look at these exceptional beers.

Again thanks to brdc for his amazing work and generosity.

See you all at Dark Lord Day 2010.

StoutsnIPAs, Apr 04, 2010
4.28/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: Black coffee(-ish), with a slight tint of incredibly deep caramel brown as it pours. Thin collar.
Smell: Varies as it warms: bacon, chocolate, hickory, raisin, wood and more...
Taste: Dope.
Mouthfeel: Even better than the taste.
Drinkability: Even better than the mouthfeel.
Additional Factors: '09 bottle, but I drank it on April 3, 2010 (Final Four Stout Saturday (ha.))

girlfriend, Apr 04, 2010
4.33/5  rDev +1.2%

2009 bottle served into a snifter. THANKS, GbVDave!

Pours a black looking blackness. A void. Blaaack. No head because, well, the ABV % IS 13% after all. Tilt the body towards the lip of the glass and you can tell how thick this impy stout is. Thick!

DEEP roasted malts, no gimmicks. I am using a lot of caps because this is Dark Lord! Lord! Exclamation marks! Some cocoa powder, some crushed Kit-Kats, some salt weirdly enough. Earthy hops give off an almost fungal smell. It isn't that cohesive -- what's going on, that is. There is plenty of toffee and some, um, butter? I think that's some of the salt coming into play again. Yes, there is alcohol heat! Thanks for asking!

On the tongue? Roast, roast and more roast. And some bourbon. It is sort of both chocolate and coffee simultaneously while only hinting at either. There is some saltiness on the palate too which plays well with the dark fruits (dark cherries?) (!). That saltiness also lends way to a smoky bacon (bacon!) flavor. This is interesting for certain. Perhaps not balanced or cohesive enough to earn a perfect score but enough to earn a 4.5.

This mouthfeel is BALLIN'! (!) This is the thickest imperial stout I've ever had, by far, and I've had plenty of impy stouts. It grips every possible part of your mouth and throat and it doesn't let go. It creates a sort of symbiotic film and then bonds with its host (You!) and just stays there like your unemployed uncle on your couch. Drinkability is suspect for the reasons that make this tasty -- its massively flavored and milkshake-thick. But the alcohol isn't actually noticeable too much on the tongue. The lack of alcohol burn bumps this to a 4.0.

This is an impressive beer. I fully expected to taste this and walk away thinking it is overrated. And perhaps it is. I only know that it is one of the better imperial stouts that I've had. It isn't worth the trouble of going to Dark Lord Day to obtain unless you live near Indiana. But is it worth the trouble of trading for? Fuck yes! Again, THANKS, GbVDave!

Reaper16, Apr 03, 2010
3.98/5  rDev -7%

Have had multiple vintages a few times and finally deciding to rate.

Pours thick oily jet black, with some mocha head that dissipates. This beer's got legs!

Aroma is of rich burnt coffee, with a lot of sweet milk chocolate to complement; also hints of pine. See differences in vintages below.

Flavor is rich alcoholic burning cough syrup sweetness, then a bitter chocolate finish.

Very light carb, thick oily mouthfeel.

Overall a fantastic beer but there are huge differences between vintages.

Here are general notes between vinatages:
2007 - Smooths down quite a bit and you get a huge dominant mocha flavor
2008 - VERY huge fruit aromas and flavors. This has currants, cherries and chocolate covered raisins
2009 - Definitely very hot, some licorice and tobbaco flavors as well

ChrisPro, Mar 28, 2010
3.45/5  rDev -19.4%

Sampled at the 2010 Stout tasting in a Orval Chalice.

2009 Limited Release 22oz bomber.

Pours an oily black mahogany with zero head at all - really bland looking. Nose is full of raisins. It really smells like a quad, full of sweetness and fennel, odd for an RIS.

Taste is very sharp & hot with almost a chili hottness. It's super boozy and pretty meh. Honestly it's interesting and I'm glad I tried it but overall it's way too hard to drink for all the hype it gets. I'd say skip this and get a KtG or an Abyss over this.

kingcrowing, Mar 27, 2010
3.58/5  rDev -16.4%

2009 Vintage

Appearance- Dark, viscous liquid. Used motor oil color once in the glass. Small brown head that quickly settles to a thin film. Not much for lacing.

Smell- The best thing about this beer. Rich malty, chocolate, fruit that has been marinated in dark rum, and port. A lot of good things are going on.

Taste- Far too sweet to be really enjoyable. The malt is overpowered by fruity sweetness that really harms the flavor. Coffee flavor is non-existent. A little burntness is evident. Cloying sweet aftertaste. I could see this gaining a soy sauce flavor with more age.

Mouthfeel- Thick full body with low carbonation. Silky smooth texture.

Drinkability- Not that high. An 8oz. pour of this would be more than enough. Surprisingly it is the flavor itself that limits drinkability rather than the 13% ABV.

morimech, Mar 26, 2010
3.33/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Edit for 2009 Bottle. Previous score was a 4.38 based on the 2006 bottle.

2009 White Waxed Bottle - Opened May 15

Thanks to Malreever for sharing this one.

Poured from bottle into Snifter.

A - Pours pitch black with a thin layer of tan hear. Lacing is good. No light can penetrate this beast.

S - Super sweet smell. Soy Sauce, and syrup. Dark Roasted Malts and some chocolate. Maybe some grapes, and hops? Smell is very interesting, but hard to pin point any one smell. Keeps changing.

T - Not sure about this one.. Very hot, and sweet. Lots going on, but none of it really seems to fit together well. Plum, molasses, and I just can't get off that soy sauce flavor.

M - Very hot and sweet. Somewhat flat too. Good full body, but this leave me wanting a lot more. Just OK..

O - Well, it's Dark Lord, but it's not.. Recently we opened 06-10, and this was by far my least favorite. Tried it again for this tasting, and still wasn't too impressed. Looks nice, but is lacking after that.
___3/25/10___
Opened both a 2006 and a 2008 bottle in the same night.

These were both amazing beers. Both looked about the same. Completely black with a dark brown head. The 2006 bottle's head was a bit smaller, but both ended up a nice size. Smells of the 06 were more fruity than the 08, but both had coffee smells with dark fruits (plumbs and raisins). Pretty amazing smells.

Alcohol in the 2008 was subtly more apparent than in the 2006. 2006 was super smooth and fruity, with a coffee/chocolate finish. 2008 was not quite as fruity, coffee and roasted malts much more apparent. Both were an amazing experience. Incredible how this beer ages. 2006 had no hint of alcohol at all, just a sweet, chocolaty syrup with a coffee finish. 2008, alcohol more obvious, but if not for the 2006 comparison, it would be hardly noticeable.

This one is a sipper at any age. You're not going to pound 4 in a night and feel ok about yourself.

BeerThursdays, Mar 25, 2010
2.73/5  rDev -36.2%

2009 vintage bottle. 3rd time having it.

Pours nearly still. Thick and viscous. Very dark in appearance. The low carbonation helps the mouthfeel and flavor but leaves the presentation very one dimensional for something that isn't even barrel aged.

Smells sweet and boozy. Big roasted malt flavor surrounds that sweetness. The original soy sauce flavor/aroma seemed to have mellowed out in the more recent bottles I've had as opposed to the bottle I had last year.

Taste is very sweet. Not as boozy as you'd think. This is a sugary cloying liquid. Like eating thinned out molasses or unfermented high gravity wort.

This beer usually ruins my stomach with all the sugar and booze. Definitely an extreme beer that I appreciate but it's not really for me.

BearsOnAcid, Mar 24, 2010
4.85/5  rDev +13.3%

this beer pours a very dark black color with a thin brown head that recedes to nothing over the course of the session. The aroma is exactly what i'm looking for in an imperial stout, the roasted coffee and caramel aroma carries over nicely into the taste, a little sweetness in the front and bitterness at the end. the full body and good co2 make this a wonderful sipping imperial, couldn't ask for better in this category.

almychristopher, Mar 14, 2010
4.72/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

The beer pours a pitch black color with a thick frothy tan head that slowly fades to lacing. The aroma is great! It has a killer black and chocolate malt scent with lots of heat. Wow, this is what I'm talking about; very intoxicating. The taste is amazing! It has an incredible black malt flavor with a decent amount of bitterness and a nice chocolate edge. The alcohol is present, but quite welcoming. The mouthfeel is fine. It is a full bodied beer with adequate carbonation. This is a glorious beer! It's incredibly complex with loads of great black and chocolate malt flavor. The warmth endears me more to the entire experience. I'm sorry it took me so long to try this. Cheers!

WesWes, Mar 14, 2010
4.33/5  rDev +1.2%

22oz bottle poured into a snifter; 2009 bottling
Big thanks to Mikey711

Used motor oil, almost sludge like body with a thin, dark mocha cap and mild lacing. Swirling this around a bit, the body leaves a thin, oily coating on the inside of the glass.

Talk about assertive. The nose on this guy is big, bad, and bold. Notes of dark cherries soaked in bourbon, booze, dark chocolate, molasses, and deep roast. The heat from the booze stings your nasal passages.

Upon first sip, the flavors really explode. Bourbon, dark cherries and heat are in the leadoff spot. Dark chocolate, slight char, and molasses on the finish with more booze lingering. This guy takes control early and never relinquishes the senses.

Oily slick. Dark Lord coats everything on its way down. Lingering roast and bitter chocolate mix with a hearty dose of heat from the bourbon.

Slow and steady. The flavors attack the palate and a high abv make this guy a little difficult to put back by yourself.

ColForbinBC, Mar 13, 2010