Bully Guppy - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Bully GuppyBully Guppy

awful

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  ABV ?

American Pale Wheat Ale aged in Cognac barrels with peaches.

(Beer added by: MasterSki on 09-25-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

briiguy

09-16-2013 01:59:28 | More by briiguy
Stevedore

Wisconsin

Thanks to Dustin Powers for generously opening this up and making sure anyone at the DLD Compound who wanted a pour of this beer got one!

A- Who cares what the appearance of this beer is, anyway? It looks hazy, dark copper orange. It actually reminds me of concentrated urine. Or otherwise the urine that comes out of a person who's in acute kidney failure. Which I'm thinking at the time, is probably what's going to happen when I drink this beer.

S- Nail polish remover. Straight up acetone. I took a microfabrication lab course in undergrad and we'd clean off our molds with liters and liters of acetone. This is the exact same thing. Straight up acetone. Smelling this should have set off all sorts of warning bells in the minds that Our Creator gave us and Nature fine-tuned to keep us wary of poisonous substances. And it did. But alas, I suppressed it and took a sip...

F- A disgusting combination of acetone, formaldehyde and other undescribable industrial chemicals that Three Floyds dumped into this beer. There is nothing natural-tasting about this beer. No malt, no wood, no peaches. This is just toxic waste. I wonder if Three Floyds dumped a bunch of peaches into toxic waste barrels already filled with industrial waste, "barrel aged" it and then sold it to people. Seriously, where is the f'ing FDA when you need them?

M- Thin bodied, disgusting beer that merited an instant drainpour after one 0.001oz sip that I regretted taking immediately. And I regret even more that I passed the glass over to my friends so they could try this beer, even though most of them asked to try it. I feel like the biggest dick ever for doing this.

O- Worst beer ever. Thanks so much to Dustin Powers (powz87) for sharing this gem of a beer with us. You're such a kind person, the best BeerAdvocate I've ever met.

04-27-2014 17:33:50 | More by Stevedore

imperialking

09-28-2012 01:36:03 | More by imperialking
gmo412

1.01/5  rDev -36.5%

Pour a glass of nail polish remover and it will taste better. I'm higly disappointed in 3fs, they should have never released something this bad. I will never blindly buy another bottle of 3fs. I will never recover the taste buds this beer killed.if you still have a bottle, throw it away.

12-03-2013 01:06:49 | More by gmo412
coffygrinder

1.1/5  rDev -30.8%

Pick up a bottle at the brew pub, opened on Christmas Eve

A: A golden / amber color with a white head

S: Nail polish remover or paint thiner cant pick which one

T: Lots of chemicals and a little peach. It was not very good. I let this beer sit for a few mins hoping it might get better, boy was I wrong..

M: Light body

O: Really bad, they should have drained poured this themselves at the brewery

12-25-2012 14:13:47 | More by coffygrinder
vinny21bal

1.13/5  rDev -28.9%

Other then the Voodoo Donut Maple Bacon this has to be one of the worst beers ever made. We have a bottle share and tried this. I almost puked. It smells like nail polish remover and doesn't taste that much different. It almost taste like something you would have to take if you wear dying from something. Three Floyd's is my favorite Brewery and this one just didn't pan out. I was really curious on how it would taste because the idea of it seemed weird in the first place. But I do give them credit for being inventive I just wouldn't have sold it to the public. I would have taken the loss on it and not ruined the brand of making amazing beers. Some of the guys said if they were dying of dehydration and the only thing was Bully Guppy they would rather die.

05-09-2013 18:51:35 | More by vinny21bal
jegross2

1.23/5  rDev -22.6%

Reviewing the Bully Guppy from Three Floyds Brewing Company out of Munster, Indiana. This beer is barrel aged Gumball Head.
Score: 10

Fall 2012 vintage bottle served in a small snifter glass and consumed as part of a tasting held on 11/16/12. Even 1-2 oz pours of this was way too much.

Appearance: Pours a golden apricot color. The head is a white-ish color. Too small a pour to say much about the head/lacing/retention outside of the color. 3.5/5

Smell: Vanilla cake, nail polish, wheat and window cleaner. 1.5/5

Taste: Straight up tastes like acetone and Windex with a hint of peach. Gag reflex kicked in immediately after sipping. 1/5

Mouthfeel: Light bodied, low carbonation, light alcohol. 1/5

Overall: Quite possibly the worst beer I have ever had the displeasure of consuming.

Recommendation: Avoid this beer like the plague.

Pairing: The kitchen sink.

Cost: $20 for a 750 ml bottle.

11-17-2012 17:17:17 | More by jegross2
jmarsh123

Indiana

1.23/5  rDev -22.6%

Taken from notes from pre-FOBAB tasting. Trying to type up a review here before now made me gag too much.

Pours golden orange with a small white head. Little retention or lacing, but was a small pour.

Smell like nail polish remover and paint thinner. One friend said Windex. Not out of the question.

Flavor is unquestionably straight up nail polish remover with a little apricot flavoring. Completely horrible.

Light bodied lowish carbonation.

Finally a new beer to take over my mantra as worst I've ever tried. How the hell does something like this get released? I'm pretty sure it was aged in barrels that used to contain paint thinner and I'm surprised I didn't go blind after drinking it. Seriously did anyone think to taste test this one? Glad I wasn't the one to drop my $$ on this.

01-03-2013 18:20:07 | More by jmarsh123