Tiberian Inquisitor - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Tiberian InquisitorTiberian Inquisitor

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  9.50% ABV

Want to have your most hidden secrets torn from the dark recesses of your soul? Tiberian Inquisitor will do just that. This Belgian-style ale aged for one year in French oak is a beer to be reckoned with.

(Beer added by: MasterSki on 04-16-2013)

SaisonRichBiere, Nov 15, 2013

2.5/5  rDev -20.9%

thewimperoo, Sep 21, 2013

kustard, Sep 20, 2013
4.09/5  rDev +29.4%

After hearing all of the negative reviews for this beer, I almost felt like I needed to write a review and defend it a little bit.

A - Pours a bronze color with very little head. It appears thick and syrupy as it pours into the glass too. Not a whole lot to look at...

S - Bread, caramel, and lots of oak

T - You're going to have to really like the taste of oak (in my opinion) to like this beer. The first thing that hits you is a ton of that oaky barrel flavor. There's also quite a bit of heat from the alcohol present. There's also a sweet flavor there that reminds me of caramel.

M - Thick and chewy

O - Was this beer worth the $20 price tag? Honestly, I was glad that I tried it once. It wasn't the most balanced beer I've ever had, but I really enjoyed the heavy oak flavor and I can't say that I've had another beer like this.

cnbrown313, Sep 04, 2013

BARFLYB, Sep 01, 2013

oglmcdgl, Aug 31, 2013

mookihouse, Aug 26, 2013

csmartin6, Aug 24, 2013

ncaudle, Aug 19, 2013
3.1/5  rDev -1.9%

Starts innocuously enough. A dark, brownish gold color. Pleasant looking off-white head, thick but fades quickly. An inviting appearance.

Things start to get iffy on the nose. Slightly rotten caramel apples, a bit of the dreaded acetone of which I heard tell. The chardonnay comes through and is not altogether unpleasant.

The taste is a bit of a problem. A bitterness like cheap wine, and a bit of acetone in the aftertaste. Unique, not terrible, definitely not FFF caliber.

It feels alright on the tongue. A little bit of warmth, a light tingle of effervescence, a little drying overall.

Honestly, with everything I heard, I expected much much worse. However with a twenty dollar price tag and the tie-in to my first DLD experience, I really wanted to like this beer. Oh well. They experimented, which I valued, but the result is lackluster.

RhyminBelmont, Aug 19, 2013

TickleBoo, Aug 17, 2013
3.26/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Appearance-
Dark brown with a thin white head. Looks appropriate for chalice drinking.

Smell-
Smells like a sour ale, and then a yeasty sweet smells lingers in your nostrils.

Taste-
It does start like a sour ale, and then it goes almost to a mixture of dates and thick maple sweetness.

Mouthfeel-
Carbonation is low, and the sweetness really coats your mouth heavy.

Overall-
Not to say I would seek this beer again, but I am surprised at the hate levied towards this beer. It is worth a try, especially if your okay with sours.

Rope, Aug 16, 2013
4.13/5  rDev +30.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Had this on tap and from a bottle.

I swear i smell strong apple cider, but tastes nothing like apples. Very oak forward taste slightly alcoholic but good. I can understand why people criticize this one, the aroma is nothing like the taste and it just seems to tingle your taste buds, but something about it kept drawing me in! I still have a couple of bottles, I cant wait to try it with a little more age on it.

Chibeerguy1, Aug 14, 2013