Three Floyds / Surly Urine Trouble - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Three Floyds / Surly Urine TroubleThree Floyds / Surly Urine Trouble

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

Brewed with our friends at Surly, this Imperial Brett IPA is fermented with a unique strain of yeast, Brettanomyces Lambicus. This yeast creates earthy barnyard notes along with pineapple and cherry pie aromas. Of course, it’s hopped heavily. Simcoe and Chinook are the culprits for the “cat peed on the Christmas tree” aroma.

(Beer added by: MasterSki on 04-19-2013)

1.98/5  rDev -49.5%

One of the most disappointing beers I've had from 3f. Definitely an appropriate name. However Cat Piss would've been more appropriate. I wouldn't say it's horrible but it definitely is not worth the $15 per bottle. There are waaay better seasonal s out there now

2.25/5  rDev -42.6%

As soon as I saw that it was a Surly/FFF collaboration, I rushed to the brewpub and bought my two bottles. I couldn't have been more excited, but unfortunately, this one is a huge disappointment. They might as well have called it “Return of the Tiberian Inquisitor” (I didn’t care for that one, either). On the bright side: Fans of T.I. will likely love this one; I definitely recommend it for BAs who liked Tiberian Inquisitor, but it seems FFF can’t seem to get the sours right.

I thought the name and the jokes about cat-urine-soaked-Christmas-trees in its description were kind of a tongue-in-cheek, wink-wink joke, but they're not. This beer smells and tastes like my cat’s litterbox (and I don't mean that as hyperbole; the aroma and flavor are very much like cat urine), and at $15 a bottle, it was an expensive joke FFF played on me (and like I said, I bought two; luckily I had a friend to share the first bottle with). I don’t think I’ll be rushing the forty-five minutes to the brewpub for any more limited release sours. It’s drinkable—as an experiment or challenge or another way of expanding your palate and testing its limits—but barely.

2.5/5  rDev -36.2%