Three Floyds / Half Acre Anicca - Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub

Three Floyds / Half Acre Anicca
No picture uploaded.

Three Floyds Brewing Co. & Brewpub visit their website
Indiana, United States

Brewed with our friends at Half Acre, Anicca IPA is single hopped snake juice showcasing the Mosaic hop, a plant throwing off a cornucopia of fruit flavors. Bitter sweet and full of force, this IPA bends your brain into a tropical storm of writhing glory.

Available in 22oz bottles. This is the version brewed at 3 Floyds in August 2013.

(Beer added by: MasterSki on 08-20-2013)
Reviews by jampics2:

4.46/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A - Dark copper with a clear and slightly reflective body with a small white head

S - Passion fruit, hibiscus, rather floral and tropical. Really fragrant.

T - Up front is floral hibiscus hops, then it moves to mango, passion fruit and strawberry to give it a good fruity presence. Finish is slightly piney to give it a bitter finish. A great balance of hop flavors in this one

M - Medium body with a thick and sticky resin. Get a hop resin on the tongue that lingers on in the finish.

O - A really good hoppy beer that you'd expect from these two with a good balance of fruit and bitter hop flavors.

3.75/5  rDev -14.2%

4.75/5  rDev +8.7%

4.5/5  rDev +3%

Poured from 22 oz bomber into Tulip glass.

Appearance doesn't really matter to me. I'm all about the taste and smell. I shared this bottle with a bunch of craft beer buddies and we all really enjoyed it. One of my friends-- who at first said "Oh, no thanks. I don't really like IPAs very much."-- said "Oh wow, the taste on that is really complex. I think my palate must be changing because that's really good!"

Smell: I picked up a lot of pine and "dankness". My friends were able to pick up on more fruit notes. I really love fruity and floral smelling IPAs, so I would have liked to have picked up on those scents more. Maybe my nose is defective.

Taste: When it first clashes against your tongue it is sweet and fruity. If I were to assign the taste to one fruit, it would definitely be passionfruit. After this initial rush of flavor, it transforms to a pine-like taste which leads to a nice hoppy bitterness.

Mouthfeel: at just over 7%, it's right where I'd like it to be for an IPA. Crisp AND satisfying.

Overall: I'm glad I picked up two of these when I stopped by the brewery. Actually, I hope I can get some more before they're gone. It's definitely has a memorable taste. Highly recommended.

4.75/5  rDev +8.7%

4.21/5  rDev -3.7%

This collaboration is excellent. ...ahow casing the mosaic hop! The beer pours a clear copper with thin white head that is leaving a nice lace. The scent carries an orange peel citrus and subtle pine. The taste is bitter through the drink with a orange peel spicy essance that includes a piney resin. The mouthfeel is medium to light in body with good carbonation. Overall this is a great beer.

4.56/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22-oz bomber shared on 8/24/2013, to a 13.75-oz tulip.

amber orange appearance, with large off-white head lingering for a long time. lots of carbonation, w/ good patchwork lacing.

lovely bouquet of caramel malts and juicy, fruity, earthy hops. lemon w/ dank

well-balanced. malt sweetness w/ mango, grapefruit, resin. the hop bitterness does not assault the tongue like other FFF offerings, making for a delicious tasting.

well-carbonated, sticky sweet mouthfeel, the lingering bitterness tickles the tongue.

this is a really good IPA/DIPA, and i'm not a huge hophead. well-crafted, better than dreadnaught and zombie dust, even though the three are different styles, technically.

this is similar to Pliny the Elder, in my opinion. i could've handled the whole bomber by myself with no problem or remorse

3.75/5  rDev -14.2%