Sankaty Light - Cisco Brewers Inc.

Sankaty LightSankaty Light

good

Cisco Brewers Inc. visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Light Lager |  3.80% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 06-21-2005)

csustar001, Sep 05, 2012

jilly425, Dec 05, 2011

VictorFranco, Nov 24, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +28.9%

MyauFroto, Apr 28, 2014
4.43/5  rDev +26.9%

My local trader, tone77, beat me to the punch on this one! I scored a couple during a recent field trip to Pinocchio's in Media and thought that I should include him in my spree. The CANQuest (TM) is all about spreading the wealth and karma since so many have been so good to me so far.

From the CAN: This Ameri[CAN] Golden Lager is the lightest lager we've made so far. It's [sic] drinkability, crisp citrus hop elements, and smooth malty finish make it not too light but just right. Don't fall off the bluff!"

I will never grow tired of the former, auditory portion of the Crack & Glug! Bottles will never have the same cachet unless it is a caged, corked beer, but I do not open those nearly as frequently as I do CANs. For newcomers, the latter half is why I am NOT a ticker - CANs do not "tick", they merely "Glug!".

The Crack & Gllug was up to spec and I managed to produce a finger of bone-white head with limited retention in this oppressive heat and humidity. Color was a beautiful sunshine-yellow with NE-quality clarity and plenty of fizzy bubbles. Take that, Greg Koch! Nose smelled like all-malt (no adjuncts) and grassy hops and my heart began to go pitty-pat. I CANnot tell you the pain that I have endured at times in this madness, and especially from this style, AALs and AMLs. This actually smelled like real beer, even in a Light Lager version. Mouthfeel was actually pretty big, very foamy with big bubbles and the taste was of light malt and light grassy hops. Zounds! Finish was semi-dry and I was ready for another sip. I CANnot remember the last time that I thought that way of a beer of this style. Now, all of that said, I am not going to pack the cooler full of such CANs, however. I do not care how good it may be, I am not into Light beers. I probably could stand to lose some weight, but not by cutting back on flavorful beer. If you are accompanying me to the beach or elsewhere, I will happily put some in the cooler for you, but that's it.

woodychandler, Jun 24, 2012
4.43/5  rDev +26.9%

Clean & crisp, very flavorful for a light beer. Plenty of nose hops some fruity esters mostly pear. Light straw colored. Very drinkable, refreshing. Small batch brewer's flaws usually stick out in lighter offerings. Hats off to Cisco for producing a real winner.

mooner, Jun 16, 2006
4.33/5  rDev +24.1%

expected a light lager, but WOW it was a nice thick lager! Great thick head that stuck, nice aroma, extra flavs not typical of a light lager thats for sure. thick pour for a lager too! Refreshing, and delicious when I was expecting mediocrity. I may have found a new favorite Lager

BeaBeerWife, Jul 26, 2008

Larrydoherty, Apr 25, 2012

beerman999999, May 19, 2012

JTomczak, Jun 22, 2013
4.19/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Had this poured from a can into a pint glass. My ratings are in comparison to other light lagers, not beers in general (I think that this is how most reviews on this site are supposed to be, but it's easy to compare lagers to other lagers when you've had a bunch of different varieties, as opposed to comparing something like milk stouts where maybe you've only had a handful). I think this is one of the few light lagers that I actually enjoy drinking. Very refreshing and not too heavy, crisp and fruity, excellent on a summer day. Smell is bolder and fruitier than most lagers as well. Solid offering from the incredibly consistent Cisco.

MarkQ617, May 21, 2013
4.13/5  rDev +18.3%

Poured from a 12oz. bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a light gold color with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a thick lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of light malts and a pretty strong dose of hops for the style.

T: The taste is light and starts out a little bready with very little sweetness, which is a good thing in this beer’s case. A nice clean burst of mild hops bitterness follows. The malt character is thin as you would expect. Overall, it’s quite refreshing. The after-taste is slightly bready with a small touch of bitterness.

M: Crisp and very smooth, light body, medium-to-heavy carbonation, clean and dry finish.

D: Tasty, goes down very easily, not filling at all, could use a bit more of a kick, but it’s perfect when you want something light. It’s well-worth drinking on a hot day and you’re not looking to get too hammered.

TheManiacalOne, May 13, 2007
4.08/5  rDev +16.9%

Poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass.

Pours cloudy dark yellow with minimal white foam. Little bit of lacing.

Light malty sweet smell but very minimal.

Taste is clean crisp with mild hop throughout that strikes a perfect balance. Quite refreshing.

Moderate carbonation - light mouthfeel.

Very drinkable,nice beer.

KTCamm, Feb 20, 2010
4.08/5  rDev +16.9%

Pours a clear light golden color, rapidly diminishing soapy white head, clingy lacing left in the glass. Smell is clean, malty, slightly bready, some citric hops. Taste is crisp, grainy, faint lemon rind, mildly bitter hop presence. Really crisp and refreshing, but does not skimp on flavor. This is a light beer? Can't believe I ignored this one for so long, considering how much Cisco I've drank these last couple years. Drinkability is off the charts here..3.80%?!?! Love it.

corey0212, Jul 20, 2008
4.03/5  rDev +15.5%

Is this really a "light" beer? The alcohol content is fairly low, so, indirectly, the calorie content should also be low. but this beer is surprisingly good.
Appearance: Cloudy yellow with a thin head that dows not leave a lot of lacing
Smell: Grainy, but with a hint of citrus.
Taste: Some grain, a hint of orange rind, enjoyable aftertaste.
Mouthfeel: Somewhat thin, but some decent carbonation
Drinkability: If I was at a BBQ, and was planning on drinking a few, I would gladly consume a few of these!

potownbill, Apr 11, 2010

JamieDuncan, Dec 13, 2013

irrgalaxy, Dec 24, 2013

j89de, Dec 11, 2011

slyons16, Dec 17, 2012
Sankaty Light from Cisco Brewers Inc.