Pumple Drumkin Spiced Ale - Cisco Brewers Inc.

Pumple Drumkin Spiced AlePumple Drumkin Spiced Ale

Cisco Brewers Inc. visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  6.00% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: corey0212 on 09-22-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Pumple Drumkin Spiced Ale Alström Bros

Worst beer I ever had last year. Dumped the rest but one down the drain to save some other soul from having to endure the taste. Tried the one I saved again just too be sure and it hit the drain too. Too scared of loosing my beer palate to attempt buying it this year..... Yuck..

Randygroves, Sunday at 06:24 PM

JoeD, Sep 22, 2012

I rarely - if ever say this about beer. I've been drinking craft beer whenever i can find it and found this at a grocery store near me that sells mixed 6 packs where you can choose them. This was the last one I picked out since I hadn't had it before. It was in a can, not a bottle - so maybe this contributed to the flavor of the beer - or got a bad banch of it. When i first smelled it - it smelled like it had skunked or been sour, but tasted it and it tasted just plain horrible. The pumpkin spice that its advertised as being a "pumpkin beer" was missing, and tasted very, very watered down. This was the second time I've ever poured out a beer - after my horrible experience with a 3 year old can of Narragansett Bock...it tasted almost just like that. Perhaps it wasn't fresh - or in a can like I said (I've had Cisco's Whale Tale, and Grey Lady and they're alright) but I will have to follow this up sometime in another form. I do not recommend!

joncob, Today at 06:17 AM

cowboy83, Oct 20, 2013

Jeff_Benson, Aug 24, 2014

Michael914, Apr 15, 2014
1.5/5  rDev -56.6%

Roland45s, Aug 26, 2013
1.61/5  rDev -53.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

A: Pours a murky reddish brown color with a one finger tan head. Looks okay at first, but when I hold it up to the light, I notice huge green floaties swirling everywhere. Eventually, they settle to the bottom, leaving a thick layer at the bottom of the glass. Uggghhhh.

S: So....it's a rum barrel aged pumpkin ale that smells like a bag of hops. Okay... A weird vegetal smell that smells like acorn squash, iron-y malt (seriously, it smells like blood), and some ammonia. Great!

T: Oh my sweet lord. What the hell is this??? Tastes like someone dragged a pill of aspirin through a litter box. Bitter with a truly horrible chalky yeast meets pet dander flavor. Leaves a gross, rotten vegetable flavor on the tongue that I don't forsee going away for at least the remainder of tonight. What a mistake. Stay away my friends, stay far, far away!

notchucknorris, May 02, 2013
1.75/5  rDev -49.4%

skaboom420, Oct 02, 2012
1.98/5  rDev -42.8%

My wife and I had a blind pumpkin ale tasting and ranked this one #7 out of the 7 that we tried.

Served in a Port City tasting glass.

A: Crystal clear, yet still opaque orange with a pretty substantial head.

S: Elmer's glue. Need I say more?

T: Really no pumpkin taste whatsoever. Seriously, I've taste Octoberfests with more pumpkin flavor than this. Still, I got lots of yeast and water.

M: Thin and watery. This is one of the more "beery" pumpkin ales I've tasted. No lacing.

O: I will not be drinking this again.

Chaney, Sep 15, 2012

kindbill, Sep 15, 2012

ripweblo, Sep 17, 2013

GTB, Sep 09, 2012
2.15/5  rDev -37.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This pumpkin beer smells great. I popped the cap off the bottle and took a whiff and it got my hopes up. Lots of pumpkin spice comes through.

Then I poured it out into a pint glass. Once again, great appearance. That dark orange/brown that declares "I AM A PUMPKIN BEER AND I'M PROUD!"

So I took a sip...and it was informed by my taste buds that this was not a pumpkin beer, but some kind of terrible beer mixed with cleaning fluids. I kept trying to drink it, but it was just terrible. There wasn't a hint of pumpkin. Just bad beer.

I had to pour most of it down the drain. I don't know if this was a bad batch or if this was what Pumple Drumkin is supposed to be, but it was not an experience I'd want anyone to have to repeat.

DrinkNewport, Oct 20, 2013
2.2/5  rDev -36.4%

Aroma: Nutmeg and ginger are present along with an earthy almost rotting bark-like aroma. Some maltiness present, but not a lot. No hop aroma. Slight fruity esters as it warms. Overall mild aroma for a spiced beer.

Appearance: Gold to light orange in color. Has a fine but large white head. Very good clarity.

Flavor: Initial malt flavor but lacking in sweetness. Quickly turns to a bitter harshness. Has a very thin body and ends with an astringent and metallic finish. Not much spice is tasted beyond those off-putting flavors.

Overall: This beer is not good. To be honest it has the harsh and metallic flavors that I associate with old-style homebrew (before we really understood the need for fresh ingredients and sanitation...) Sj and I had to pour this out after a couple sips. Not a great start from this brewery, but I'd still try another of their beers before boycotting them.

Jackofallbrews, Nov 15, 2013
2.21/5  rDev -36.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Picked up a sixer of this, now just wishing I opted for a single...

Pours orange/copper with 3 fingers of tan head. Nice head retention & lacing

S: All spice & vegtal notes , even some tomato & metallic notes

T: All spice, a little nutmeg, metallic notes & ever so faint squashyness. Nutmeg, pears & metallic notes as this warms. More tomato & metallic notes in the finish, nasty

MF: Prickly carbonation, thin body, thickened up a bit a as this warmed, but only slightly

A poor example of the style & none of the cisco beer's I tried as of late (purchased in Arkansas) are worth a damn. Not buying any more with doing a ton of research. The only thing I liked about this? The label...

This was fairly drinkable the other night after my tastebuds were fried, for what that's worth

russpowell, Oct 23, 2013
2.24/5  rDev -35.3%

JStewart00, Aug 20, 2014
Pumple Drumkin Spiced Ale from Cisco Brewers Inc.