Island Reserve: Cisco Pedaler Blueblerry Bleer - Cisco Brewers Inc.

Island Reserve: Cisco Pedaler Blueblerry BleerIsland Reserve: Cisco Pedaler Blueblerry Bleer

Cisco Brewers Inc. visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: trxxpaxxs on 09-10-2012)

1.5/5  rDev -54.7%

2.25/5  rDev -32%

2.5/5  rDev -24.5%

This beer poured out as a vibrant purple-ish color with a light pink head on top. The retention was pretty good on this beer but there wasn't too much lacing at all. The smell of the beer is purfumey, it's sweet but smells almost artificial. Not the best blueberry aromas I've come across in a beer that's for sure. The taste is a little off as well. There is a subtle tart flavor to it but it also has this strange flavor in there that just isn't working all that well with this beer. There is a blueberry essence to it but its just not what it should be. The mouthfeel was light bodied and decently carbonated. Overall I major waste of money... I rolled the dice and lost on this one. Not worth half of what I paid for it in my opinion. I'm not a fan of this brew.

2.5/5  rDev -24.5%

A bottle, poured into a duvel tulip. Muddy purple beverage, hints of amber and red under the haze. Smell is of blueberry jam, not a lot of fresh fruitiness but old, Cooke down fruit and a hint of English yeasty ester.

Flavor is bland. Blueberry and balanced bitterness, a hint of toast and malt body, but largely just jammy fruit.

I don't get this beer. It's not oaky, not acidic, not malty, not very flavorful. It's labeled as an oak aged beer made with fruit, it tastes like a steel tank and blueberry juice concentrate. A total meh. The problem is, I can find anything to dislike either. Insipidly boring.

2.68/5  rDev -19%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

I never liked Cisco beers but still stupidly decided to give this one a try despite the crazy price tag of 24 bucks for the 750 bottle. I should have followed my instincts.

Bueatiful violet colored body.

Very fragrant. Lovely smell. Flowers and blueberries. Very nice. Some medicinal phenols that could pass for flowery.

Taste: Medicinal. WTF. big time phenols. Blueberry flavor comes through and is nice but the medicine flavor messes everything up. I understand there might be some funk in this beer but this is not a very good flavor in my opinion. However, as the beer warms up and you get through the bottle, the taste does grow on you somewhat. I did finished about 3/4 of the bottle although my initial reaction after first sip was immediate "drain pour".

Good in all aspects except for the taste. Big disappointment.

2.75/5  rDev -16.9%

3.04/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A - Pours an amber blue color with a thin, but consistent creamy white head.

S - Blueberry, oak, sour, light perfume blueberry aroma.

T - Sour, blueberry perfume with light oak, and cloying funk.

M - Full medium bodied

O - This one didn't do it for me at all, will pass it up next time.

3.25/5  rDev -1.8%

On-tap at Cisco in Nantucket, MA...

A: Pours a purple/pink/light red color with about one full finger of light purple head. The foam doesn't take long to settle, leaving a thin ring along the edges of the cup.

S: The nose is blueberry cobbler mixed with a bit of funk. It smells sweet and fruity, as is expected. I get a light touch of vanilla on there as well.

T: Hmm. This beer is sweet to start with some nice blueberry notes, but it gets weird and funky in the middle. I get some stinky feet and gym sock like qualities in the middle. The finish is more funk and sweet.

M: Medium bodied beer. The flavors hit you up front and last through to the end of the glass. The feet notes stay with you long after the beer has moved off the palate.

O: I'm pleased to have tried this beer, but it's a weird one. It's definitely not one of my favorites, and one glass was more than enough. I know the proceeds are going to a good cause, but I just don't think I could buy any more of this offering.

Island Reserve: Cisco Pedaler Blueblerry Bleer from Cisco Brewers Inc.