He'Brew Jewbelation Reborn (17) - Shmaltz Brewing Company

He'Brew Jewbelation Reborn (17)He'Brew Jewbelation Reborn (17)

Shmaltz Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

American Strong Ale |  17.00% ABV

Beer added by: TheBrewo on 11-08-2013

How could we hope to top last year’s Jewbelation Sweet 16 with its cupcakes, unicorns, & Satan’s Ferrari birthday cake? massive challenge. So for Year 17, we threw in a whole new dimension to our shtick – we built our very own brewery! After 17 years of contract brewing, our first Shmaltz Clifton Park batch emerged 17 months after the first draft of the business plan. Coincidence? Renaissance means “Re-birth” in French & Italian. In Buddhism, the concept does not truly translate as “reincarnation” but instead as “becoming,” or a “stream of consciousness.” 11 syllables structure a haiku. Shakespeare penned 17 comedies. In The Simpsons episode “Duffness” Homer sings “When I was 17″ about buying his first beer with a fake I.D. “I drank some very good beer. I stayed up listening to Queen, When I was 17.” In The Office, Dwight recites Rule 17 that all Schrute boys must learn: “Don’t turn your back on bears, men you have wronged, or the dominant turkey during mating season.” Knowledge and growth come in many forms. It is taught that Nirvana is only attained when the soul transcends cycles of rebirth. Looks like Shmaltz just isn’t there yet. So with 17 malts, 17 hops, and 17% ABV, JEWBEL4TIONREBORN serves as another mark of our death as a contract brewer and proof of our conversion to a new life as brewery owner…… L’Chaim!!!
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of He'Brew Jewbelation Reborn (17) Alström Bros

4.65/5  rDev +18.9%

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

Picked up a couple last year. Loved it and finally getting around to the 2nd.
look: Very dark crimson. Huge mocha head on the pour, for such a big beer.
smell: Decadent dark fruit and caramel.
taste: More of the same. Just delicious, and rich.
overall: Guess i'm the minority in thinking this is an elite brew. Not sure if that means my palate sucks or the opposite :) In any case, loving this. The booze is there but well hidden for 17%. Kudos.

4.5/5  rDev +15.1%

A: Black body with a light tan head. Fluffy and creamy looking head. Good lacing.

S: Alcohol with a complement of caramel, in that direct order. Nothing else that I can discern. I'd say it smalls okay. It's not uninviting, it's just telling me "expect caramel and a lot of alcohol" and leaving it at that.

T: Wow very crazy rich. It's like drinking molasses, coffee, chocolate syrup (the ice-cream kind), and dare I say it bourbon. I find it pretty hilarious that I don't find any of this on the label. Huge bourbon flavor. Medium roasted coffee. Lots of rich dark chocolate. Insane flavor profile here. It tastes like unfermented beer. It's worth buying just to experience this flavor bomb. Not balanced at all, just a huge explosion of flavors. When I think of people going off the charts, trying to expand the limitless boundaries of what we call "American Strong Ale," this is exactly what I think of. Admittetly I am very impressed. I wasn't sure what to expect from a label that boasts "17 Malts, 17 Hops, 17% ALC. By Vol." I honestly was ready for it to be a mess, but approached it open-minded. As the beer warms, it lends flavors of oak to the palate.

M: Very full bodied, slick, sticky, syrupy. It's pretty hard to drink considering how thick this beer is, but it's so worth drinking. Absolutely a sipper. It's hard to rate it, because I can tell that the modus operandi of this beer is to be big and bold. I can't rate it perfect because it is very thick and syrupy, but it is a crazy wonderful feeling beer.

O: Well...I picked up this beer on a whim. I was not expecting how good this thing would be. I don't know if this is just one of the best secrets in the beer world or if it was just an amazing batch. This is the first beer I've had like this from the Shmaltz Brewery, but I will definitely be looking closer at them in the future. This beer is legendary.

He'Brew Jewbelation Reborn (17) from Shmaltz Brewing Company