He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. - Barrel-Aged - Shmaltz Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

pDev: n/a
Shmaltz Brewing Company visit their website
New York, United States

American Strong Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: ktrillionaire on 04-05-2010

to view more.
Ratings: 3 | Reviews: 1
2.06/5  rDev n/a

A caveat: this beer I am reviewing is apparently an experimental trial run, and its formulation at this time is not necessarily the brew that will eventually (perhaps) bear the same name.

It is having quite a little difficulty in the pangs of infancy. And I don't think the cask treatment helped its cause, whatsoever.

On-cask at Whole Foods Cask Ale Tasting at Cigar City.

I was not impressed with this beer, nor was any one of the other five people I was with.

It pours a very hazy deep brown hue, like dark and cloudy iced tea, with no head. Not surprising for cask ale.

It smells very pickled, with overwhelming impressions of rye, caraway and way too much booze.

The taste is the same as the smell, but the booze is even more out of control, and not in a good way. There is also a rancid grapefruit impression. I get the feeling that bottles of rotgut whisky were dumped into this brew, it seems quite adulterated.

The feel is not good, flat and syrupy with very unpleasant lingering flavors.

While I do not particularly care for the regular version of this beer, I absolutely loathed this one.

to view more.
He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. - Barrel-Aged from Shmaltz Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.