Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu Klosterstoff - Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu

Germany

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  5.90% ABV

Beer added by: IchLiebeBier on 06-16-2013

4/5  rDev n/a

Appearance: Pale gold; small head, long lasting; very effervescent (most I've ever seen)

Aroma: Malty; light hops; bready; light citrus

Taste: Juicy; malty; very creamy; low bitterness; fairly sweet, but pretty well balanced; not complex, but very tasty

Remarks: Did not score A, T, S, M at that time; disregard those scores (334 characters)

3.65/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

33cl Flip-top bottle: BBD 20 Mar 2014, poured into a tumbler on my hotel room pation on 15 Sep 2013. I'd brought this over the Alps with me to Ste Maxime because I knew how expensive beer was in the South of France.

Lovely golden body with a fine white covering for a head.

Slight malt sweetness in both the nose and taste: I really liked this brew.

There was a nice blend of herbal hop notes and caramel/malty molasses which married together very well: soft bodied and far to easy to drink.

I didn't even notice it was a Marzen when I bought it on the way down in Bad Krozingen, otherwise I might have found room for more. (628 characters)

3.64/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

At the brewery tasting room.

Color is light gold with a creamy white head. Retention and lacing are good. Smell is herbal hops and white bread. Flavor is similar, with a malty backbone with a small helping of the herbal hops. Overall, its on the sweet side for my personal tastes, but a very drinkable and enjoyable beer. (326 characters)

Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu Klosterstoff from Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.