Brahva | AmBev CentroAmerica

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by tone77 on 07-17-2011

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 20
2.99/5  rDev +7.2%

Thanks to my local CANman, tone77, for thinking of me and The CANQuest (TM) while visiting Nicaragua. I would have reviewed it sooner, but I was awaiting the picture either being approved or disapproved (in which case I would have had to take another pic).

From the CAN (translated from Spanish): "International quality and experience".

The Crack & Glug revealed another Greg Koch Special - a fizzy yellow beer that may or may not mark me as a sissy. I had a two finger cap of foamy bone-white head with decent retention by the time that I was done with my pour. Its color was a pale lemon yellow, closer to some light lagers than an AAL. Nose smelled strongly of corn and cooked vegetables and I could only think to myself, "Here we go again." It has been a while since I had an AAL from a CAN and I have not missed the sensation. My first sip was a mouthful and it actually had some body to it, unlike being a watery mess as some have been. It tasted about the same as any other - a corn-laden, silage-like challenge for the taste buds. Ho hum and Jeez-O man! It was not gag inducing but neither was it terribly pleasant. It was just more of them same of a crappy overdone style. The finish left me wondering how I used to drink such beers when I was a kid and what my next CANned craft beer will be. Have some when you are in Managua, but don't bother seeking it out.

3.3/5  rDev +18.3%

Reviewed from notes May/2011, while on vacation in Nicaragua. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of corn, some grains. Taste is crisp, malts, a slight bit of sweetness to it. Feels light in the mouth and overall is easy drinking in the tropical sun.

2.44/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

I consumed this beer both in Guatemala and El Salvador, it was your average run of the mill big Central American Brewery American Adjunct Lager. It was good for a Guatemalan or time at the beach, but thats about it. It pours light golden, average head, lots of carbonation, and average lacings. Had a watery tastes of malts, hops, and rice. It had no aroma, went down easy, with a little metalic tasste, and had a malt after tast.

Guatemale March 2013 & El Salvador December 2013

Brahva from AmBev CentroAmerica
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.