Bourbon Barrel Aged C-Sons Greetings - New Old Lompoc Brewery
No picture uploaded.
Have one? Upload it now.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by Hoptometrist:
2.68/5 rDev -18.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5
Served on tap into a snifter
A- Poured a reddish color with off-white frothy head that left chunky lace.
S- Huge alcohol presence in the nose, some medicinal, cherry, and just overall sweet and boozy aroma.
T- Big alcohol taste, some lemon, cherry, orange, seltzer water, and medicinal notes
M- Lighter bodied, pretty big warming, and prickly carbonation. The big warming presence combined with the lighter body definitely was a little strange.
O- This really tasted like someone just dropped a shot in the beer, no really barrel or specifically bourbon character, just a strong generic alcohol taste.
Serving type: on-tap
12-16-2013 05:08:02 | More by Hoptometrist
More User Reviews:
3.9/5 rDev +18.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4
- Barely cloudy amber brew.. with a little molasses coloring. Quickly fizzing off-white head leaves a big spotty ring and bubbly spotty island floating in the center.
- Fruity hoppy aroma with sweet bready grains, and light earthy woody vanilla notes. Light sticky smelling brown sugar, and a slightly tart malt flare. Overall not too bad.
- Smooth vanilla woody biscuity grain with some lovely charred caramel and roasty character. Bitter grassy hops and a floral/citrus finish. This puppy tastes really good. The flavor is one of the reasons I liked this one near the best out of all their winter offerings. Like cream soda.
Mouth Feel: (4.0)
- Dry, chewy, medium bodied, and a little sticky. Overall expected, and not a bad feel at all. Leaves the mouth dry, and wanting more.
- Love this beers flavor. I think I liked it better more fresh and on tap.. but the taste is still wonderful from this bottle. Like cream soda brew. Certainly a must try.. though not one to age. Get 'em while you can.
Serving type: bottle
01-03-2012 01:46:10 | More by Docer
Bourbon Barrel Aged C-Sons Greetings from New Old Lompoc Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.