Microbrew Invitational

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by Jonny41 on 12-22-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 30
4.46/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours dark amber and cloudy with slight sediment, appearance reminds me of apple juice. Bubbly lacing sticks to glass and floats in pockets on top.
Smell is fantastic; tart Brett, tangy, very enjoyable.
Taste: tart, sour, long lingering finish that resonates through the nose; something slightly sweet but not identifiable, very enjoyable sipping.
Mouthfeel: Tingly & tart! Slight puckering feel, then a dry finish that lingers in the nose.
Overall: Great sour beer. This is not my favorite style, or one I commonly drink. But that being said, there was nothing that made me want to stop drinking this beer. I was truly sad when the glass was empty! The sour was perfect and not overpowering or too funky, like others I've tried. Highly recommend for a new sour drinker or an experienced one, if you can get your hands on this rare gem. My wife, an avid wine drinker and beer appreciator, loved it.
Other note: Got better as it warmed, would say perfect at 60-65 degrees. May not get traded after all.

Synthesis from Oxbow Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.