Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Lazy Dog Hefeweizen - Bayhawk Ales

Lazy Dog Hefeweizen
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Bayhawk Ales visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: DoubleJ on 08-11-2008

Reviews by TruePerception:
3.25/5  rDev n/a

2.75/5  rDev n/a

3.35/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.56/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2

On-tap at Lazy Dog Cafe in Irvine

A: The beer itself is a fairly decent looking one: hazy golden in color with a nice white head on top. However, the beer is served with a slice of lemon--penalty flag there.

S: The nose is what I feared: tart wheat and lemon with a bit of a cereal note.

T: The flavor is grainy and heavy on the wheat with that same lemony tartness. There is a slight toasted flavor which is about the only redeeming quality of the beer. I suppose if I squeezed the lemon in there, it could have been a "sour".

M: The body is medium with a moderate carbonation. One of the better aspects of the beer.

D: I don't understand why American breweries insist on not only making this style of beer, but also calling it a "hefeweizen". I didn't even finish my taster of this. (789 characters)

3/5  rDev n/a

3.7/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

One of the "house brews" for Lazy Dog Cafe, on to the beer:

The color is a bit darker than straw and fairly filtered, with a soapy head on top. My pint was served with a lemon wedge, but it was discarded within seconds of receiving it. Nonetheless, all I could think of was variant degrees of lemon flavors in my beer. Lemonhead candy, sour lemon, fresh sqeezed lemon, lemonade. Even on my last sips, I was getting these lemon flavors. Toasted wheat makes an appearance as the beer dries up.

I don't know how much ten seconds of lemon garnish in the beer affects its taste, but this turned out to be a surprise for me. (625 characters)

3.25/5  rDev n/a

3/5  rDev n/a

Lazy Dog Hefeweizen from Bayhawk Ales
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.