Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Copper Legend - Jack's Abby Brewing

Copper LegendCopper Legend

Jack's Abby Brewing visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Märzen / Oktoberfest |  5.90% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: jlindros on 09-06-2011

Ancient timelines talk of dark days, plagued by hardships and Kingdom demands. When hope was all but lost, a legend emerged. A plumber. With copper pipes and an uncanny wit, he battled fierce foes and saw to the brewery’s opening. Our Octoberfest is malty, smooth and exceedingly drinkable. It is perfect to celebrate and honor today’s legends. We use locally grown wheat from MA, Munich malt and noble hops.

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Copper Legend Alström Bros
firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
3.33/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a pint glass. Orangey gold in color.

Has kind of a sourdough bread smell.

It's fairly malty and a little tart and sour at first. The sourness kind of lingers in the aftertaste, but not in an offensive way.

The mouthfeel is light and smooth.

I'm a little underwhelmed considering I really like the other beers I've had from this brewery. It's not bad, but nothing about really makes me want to have another one.

4.25/5  rDev +12.4%

Pours like a textbook Marzen style lager; clear, amber/ copper color and perfect carbonation levels. Aroma is incredible, rich, earthy, malty and even some hop tints as well. The beer is very smooth, medium bodied and the much desired malty sweetness comes through nicely. A bit of a metallic aftertaste in the top of the mouth but does not deter from hammering back another swig....and another...

I first started drinking the super-hopped Jack's Abbey Mass Rising and Hoponius Union and figured they were another brewer catering to the public demand for super hopped ipa's and ipl's. I have certainly been corrected...JA puts out a wide variety of lager style brews including this fine offering, Cooper Legend....A road trip to Framingham is on the to-do list...

3.3/5  rDev -12.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not Bad.

Very Drinkable.

Typical - Average American Made Octoberfest Beer.

Some sips give an earthiness - dirty kind of taste that some would call 'organic'

Yesterday, I was drinking SPATEN OKTOBERFEST which is considerably better than Jack's Abby Copper - and I am normally not a big fan at all of SPATEN relative to all the other exceptional German beers - yes, I know SPATEN is one of the most popular German beers and yet my comment stands - even though I am not normally a SPATEN fan, I consider SPATEN OKTOBERFEST to be pretty damn good as of yesterday when I had it for the very first time - and YES - I find SPATEN OKTOBERFEST to be SUPERIOR to JACK ABBY Copper ...that being said, I am indeed sitting here enjoying this Jack Abby Copper - it's not bad...HENCE...Rating 3.5.

If you want THE ...and I mean "THE" ULTIMATE OKTOBERFEST BIER, then treat yourself RIGHT to some AYINGER WEIZENBOCK - now THAT is the OKTOBERFEST BIER that NO one is EVER going to Improve upon or OUT-Do - it is the ULTIMATE - THAT is my Personal Guarantee and Promise to All of You Reading this review - TREAT Yourself right !

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last