Fire In The Ham - Jack's Abby Brewing

Jack's Abby Brewing visit their website
Massachusetts, United States

Rauchbier |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: irishevans on 10-17-2012

Caution! This is an intensely smokey lager similar to those found in Bamberg, Germany. Most of this brew's malt was dried over flaming beechwood, which ingrains unique smokey flavors. Aromas of campfires, smoked ham, and bacon dominate a soft malt and hop backbone. Although hard to believe, this beer is vegan friendly.

Ratings: 246 | Reviews: 51
4.36/5  rDev +14.7%

A- Light gold/straw color, the white head pours the proper 2 fingers, but fades to about a quarter finger, and leaves a fairly thick lace.

N- Smoked meat baby, the only way I can think to describe it. sparks memories of Easter suppers.

T- smoke dominates, with a mild hop presance. the good fellas at Jack's weren't messing around with the smoked malts in this one. and I must say, I'm for it!

M- light end of medium bodied. Leathery. and crisp, with a fairly dry, though not cotton-mouth inducing finish.

O- I dig this brew. Smoked malt left home alone to run a muck, in the best possible way. though I liked Blabber & Smoke more, this is a close 2nd in the rauchbier category in my opinion/according to my palate. I will definitely be drinking this one again.

Fire In The Ham from Jack's Abby Brewing