Hop Frenzy - Helltown Brewing

to view more.
Ratings: 30 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by RblWthACoz:
4.15/5  rDev +4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Oh, my sweet, sweet Helltown. What would my life in Western Pennsylvania be like without you?

Boring! That's what it would be like! And I jump out of planes! I think I know what boring and exciting is! Ya know what I'm sayin'?

Anyways. This beer is great and very much a "summer" IPA, which I believe is how they are promoting this one. Light and fruity with just the right amount of hop spice tone. Very refreshing.

I think this beer proves Helltown's brewing prowess better than any previous beer in that they have shown their ability to craft a hop-forward brew that fits exactly to the goal they set for what end result they wanted to see. Hopefully this becomes their standard summer release.

Pours a hazed golden peach color with a white soapy head and plenty of lacing. The aroma has some grapefruit and dank to it. The taste has a bright hoppy citrus with pine and resin. Alpha acids are on the high range with a satisfying bitterness rounding everything out. Getting a bit of melon as well. The sweet pale malts have a bit of almost nutty character but extremely faint. Hoppy for sure but with a sturdy malt foundation. Light to medium bodied, well crafted ale. A pretty durn good pale ale from Helltown.

to view more.