2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Glutenberg Rousse - Brasseurs Sans Gluten

Glutenberg RousseGlutenberg Rousse

Brasseurs Sans Gluten visit their website
Quebec, Canada

American Amber / Red Ale |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: biboergosum on 07-05-2012)
View: Beers (10) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 7 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
Lemke10

Wisconsin

2.66/5  rDev -26.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

16oz can labeled at Glutenberg Red Ale in the U.S. Pours a dark amber color with a frothy beige head. The aroma is malty with a slight smoke scent. The flavor is weak with grains and burnt taste of millet. Takes some getting used to as I am not big on the taste of millet.

Serving type: can

01-24-2014 00:49:21 | More by Lemke10
wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

3.36/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

341ml bottle poured into tulip 3/11/13

A dark reddish cola, a finger of tan foam sits around for a few sips leaving a collar of lace

S coco, burnt sugar, molasses, slightly nutty, smells decent but I get a hint of outhouse in the back ground that I just cant shake

T no outhouse thank god, nutty hard toffee, a little plum, brown sugar and milk chocolate, some strange foreign grains have a weedy, herbal thing going on

M light bodied, feels flat at first but bubbles come out after a second, nutty coco on the finish

O unlike most gluten free beers I've had this one's not painful to drink, the nose leaves something to be desired but even then its not terrible

possibly the best gluten free beer I've had, doesn't that nastiness that I'm guessing is from sorghum I've been finding in other gluten frees. I've think I've had enough gluten free for a while, I'll finish on a high note

11-03-2013 19:45:13 | More by wordemupg
biboergosum

Alberta (Canada)

3.7/5  rDev +1.6%

341ml bottle. Made with buckwheat, millet, and quinoa for grain substitutes, and some molasses and chestnuts just for fun.

This beer pours a clear, dark copper amber colour, with a measly half-finger of thin foamy off-white head, which disappears momentarily, leaving a low berm of lace around the glass.

It smells of zingy caramel malt, kind of ashy, a bit of dry chocolate, some subtle nuttiness, and earthy, musty hops. The taste is grainy, somewhat biscuity malt, more oily nutty notes, a mild brown sugar sweetness, and leafy, earthy hops.

The carbonation is on the low, but still supportive, side, the body a decent medium weight, a bit pithy, but generally smooth. It finishes off-dry, the caramel malt holding steady, with a slightly sour grainy essence, and some lingering herbal leaf hops.

Huh. Handed to me without any identifying info, I would have treated this as just another red ale (with strong Brown Ale aspirations). And, accordingly, as I wrote this review, I found myself not trying to find justification or 'real-beer' analogies. While this brewer's Blonde and the Pale Ale hit close to home, this is a full-on roundtripper - and a little better than average example of the style as a whole, at that.

07-05-2012 02:51:33 | More by biboergosum
Glutenberg Rousse from Brasseurs Sans Gluten
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.