Exit 6 Brewery
Ratings: 4 | Reviews: 3 | Display Reviews Only:
4.77/5 rDev +22.6%
I'm pissed it took me so long to discover this place!
A: Atmosphere rating is low because the few HDTVs are too small to be worth while unless sitting very close. However, they do play audio on important games. Also have iJukebox, trivia 1x/week, golden tee, and elec darts. I also like the couches by the fireplace and the newly added patio. Decor is good, spacious, comfortable... For a nanopub, it's overly adequate.
Q: Top notch. House beers (5-6 on draft) are exceptional and guest beers (~20) were TOP NOTCH!!! To find this selection in St. Charles county is unheard of, rivals the best in StL county. Rotates very often. Also a good bottle selection. Not to mention the frequent flyer punch card program! :-)
S: sit at the bar, it's great. Sit elsewhere... What do you expect? It's a nanopub!! They're not food/service focused, they're beer focused and they deliver. Bartenders are usually owners, brewers, or assistant brewers full of knowledge.
S: Best in the area. Only reason not a 5 is because you can drive 15min to iTap and get double the selection. Quality is as good as the 2 top 100 beer bars in StL. In only a couple months I've known about this place I've seen Enjoy By, Devil Dancer, Biscotti Break... And GREAT house beers including a bal aged coffee stout. I hear a triple ipa is on deck!
F: No food offered. Bring whatever you like. Abundant food options available nearby.
V: it's fair. Industry standard. Considering the rare brews they offer, it is very fair!
06-20-2013 07:09:41 | More by IpeeA
2.54/5 rDev -34.7%
To start, I have never written an online review. I have never been moved to do so until now.
I REALLY wanted to like this place. My wife and I were meeting a friend for a drink last night. It was close by, and smoke free. None of us have ever been, so we were excited. The smoke free, beer only concept, decor, and ambience were very promising. We walked in and sat down ready for an enjoyable evening. Like I said, we were excited.
The 1 star rating is for the service. It was AWFUL. Absolutely FOUL.
* The bartender was short with us. No smile, no suggestions, nothing. For instance, we had no idea that Exit 6 brewed their own beer (learned from other reviews). I looked at the list and said "bring me something light." Perfect time to introduce me to their brand. She brought me a Schlafleys. Even if they didn't have a light in house brew, she could have said "hey this is our in house brand, it's not light but try it and tell me what you think." When she brought our drinks she dropped them off and didn't say a word. She was heading outside to smoke. I had to stop her to find out what I was drinking.
*We were asking questions from the beer list on the table. Her answers were "don't have that, don't have that, don't have that." Then said "That list is old." Never pointed us to a current list (which is why I rated the selection "average").
* We had to go to the bar 2x to get more rounds. She was completely unfriendly. After handing me my beers she walked away saying NOTHING. I said "thank you" and she barked "welcome" out of the side of her neck.
* She brought our friend a flat beer. Or friend took it back and said said it was flat. Bartender said "its probably the keg." Didn't offer to exchange it.
* My wife (doesn't drink beer) asked for a soda (diet coke). When she came back she asked her "do you still have Fitzs?" Bartender (with a short tone) said "you got our last soda." Sat it down unopened, no glass no ice. And not ONCE did she come back to offer a water or anything else.
*My wife asked for the bill she came back and said "It's $30.00." No itemized bill. We paid it, and then she (I kid you not ) THREW) it on the table, walked off with not a word.
Here are things we never heard from the bartender:
"Hello welcome to Exit 6"
"Are you folks from around here?"
"How do you like that beer?"
"You like light beer? May I suggest - ?*
"You like spicy beer? May I suggest?"
"Are you sure you don't want a beer ma'am? I'm sorry we don't have any more soda, would you like a water?
"Thank you for coming"
"Hope we see you again"
Those are the kind of things you can expect to hear at Millstream. Which, is where we will go next time we want a craft beer.
10-05-2012 01:03:06 | More by Mattie1987
4.24/5 rDev +9%
Exit 6 has only been open for a short time. Nothing fancy about this place, just a nice watering hole that serves good beers. There are no BMC beers on hand to take up cooler space. Behind the bar are 23 taps, with 5 for house beers and 18 for other beers including some big name offerings. They also have about 60 different bottled beers from which to choose from. The owner & brewer Jeff is usually on hand to talk shop with. There is no food available, but who cares. Exit 6 is well worth a visit.
12-18-2011 12:58:43 | More by soju6
Exit 6 Brewery in Cottleville, MO
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.