Warka Radler (Lemonade) - Browary Warka Sp. z o.o.

Warka Radler (Lemonade)Warka Radler (Lemonade)

pDev: n/a

Reviews by steve99:
1.5/5  rDev n/a

3.75/5  rDev n/a

3.55/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

First let me say i am not a fan of most fruit beers but I was having some people over who like blvd wheat. Boulevard has an overpowering lemon flavor I thought a radler would be something different and along the lines of what they like. So i bought a couple of cello wrapped four pack at a local shop for a nice price ($5.99).

That's where I was wrong. They disliked this radler and drank everything else I had.

Next day.... Hotter than hades out, yardwork done, staring at a fridge empty except the Radlers (why didn't I buy beer when I was getting gas for the mower).

I was very surprised. Not at all like I imagined. No cloy lemon shandy here. This is ice cold fizzy goodness. Slightly sweet, a bit of citrus, all refreshing. More of a 7up mixed with pils than lemonade. More of a traditional Berliner Weiss.

Hate L's shandy of the month? Like those European lemonades in a bottle? Grab a couple cans of this.

The low alcohol content means I can have them before and during mowing the lawn and still count to ten without using my toes. (1,045 characters)

3.51/5  rDev n/a
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A thanks to the founding father of the canquest, woodychandler, for this beer. Poured from a 16.9 oz. can. Has a cloudy yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is strictly of lemonade. Taste is lemonade, a bit on the sweet side, but some tartness as well. Feels light in the mouth and overall, I wouldn't drink this on a regular basis, but not bad for what it is. (364 characters)

3.33/5  rDev n/a
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

This is lemonade/soda mixed with a small amount of beer, let's not fool ourselves here.

Pale pastel yellow, opaque like lemonade, a finger of white foam rises and settles quickly, fizzy and fleeting.

Smells like a decent lemonade, not cloying or artificial really, but not especially naturally either. No real indication of beer in there.

Vague lemon juice and seltzer, lightly tart and sweet, finishes clean. Spritzy feel, light lemony aftertaste. Overall it's not bad for what it is, better than Summer Shandy sure, but no great shakes. Seems like it would make a good mixer, but that's about it. (601 characters)

4/5  rDev n/a

3.25/5  rDev n/a

3.97/5  rDev n/a

500 ml can (1 pint 9 oz.), with a code printed on the bottom. My second encounter with a radler style beer, acquired at the local Binny's as part of a mixed six pack. 2.00% abv listed on the can. Exciting to have found this, since I enjoyed the Stiegl Radler Grapefruit quite a lot.

Poured into a Blue Sky Wineyard miniature wine glass.

A - Pours two fingers of quickly dissolving white fizz, audibly sizzling away. Body color is a murky pale yellow cream color.

S - Smell is of freshly made lemonade & sugar, with some carbonation & tartness present in the nose. Perhaps just a hint of malty / yeasty 'beer' presence.

T - Taste is of delicious lemonade refreshment. No actual beer taste present at all. No malts or yeast or hops, just straight up fresh homemade sugary lemonade taste. Crisp, light, juicy, and tart.

M - Feel is crisp, smooth, tart, and clean. Probably one of the easiest drinking beers I've ever had.

Overall, an outstanding, refreshing, tasty beverage. I think it's safe for me to say that I really really like radlers. Glad that I managed to catch a single of this in the mix a six pack section, since these things tend to be pricey. Extremely enjoyable, I would drink this again and again.

Radler Warka ---4/5. (1,238 characters)

3.57/5  rDev n/a

It has been quite the few days on/for The CANQuest (tm)! I embarked on a mission to reduce/eradicate the backlog here at Chez Woody with triage giving priority to APAs/AIPAs/DIPAs since they are the most fragile, even in CANs. I am a self-avowed hophead, but after a veritable onslaught of bittering hops, I raised the white flag. My tongue feels like it has been through a wringer and its taste buds stripped down to the surface ala the South Dakota landscape along I-80. I CAN't go on and yet I must. I am now shifting gears and CANsidering pulling over at the next Rest Stop. Here comes the next one.

From the 500 ml CAN: "Naturally Refreshing Taste"; "Beer and Lemonade Flavoring"; "Extremely refreshing taste combining Warka beer and lemonade. Serve chiiled for best taste."; "Turbidity is a natural feature of the product."

Not only was there a loud Crack!, but the kitchen filled with a lemony scent that set my mouth to watering. I performed an inverted Glug until the foaming action got to be too much and I had to back off. I had two fingers of fizzy, bone-white head for the briefest of moments until it fell back to mere wisps. Color was a cloudy Pale-Straw (SRM = 1 -2). Nose smelled like the time we were goofing around and somebody sprayed lemon oil (for the wood deck) up my nose! F**k mace! Spray some of that s**t in somebody's eyes and nose! I was in Medical for hours. This was less intense, but not by much. Taste was a bit sweet for me, reminding me of Country Time Lemonade that we used to sell in paper cups as kids during the summertime. Speaking of which, it is a typical hot, humid summer day here in LanCANster, PA and I mowed my lawn earlier. This would have been CANtastic afterwards! Finish had a lemony tartness, but still too much residual sweetness for my taste. (1,798 characters)

3.25/5  rDev n/a

3.54/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Served from the can in a Tighthead Oktoberfest shaker pint glass.

Prepping for a homemade White Russian (props to VDubb, by the way) with a discounted can of Polish radler. Hellz yeah, dawg! This stuff pours a cloudy pale Squirt topped by a finger or so of relatively short-lived off-white foam. The nose comprises sweet/tart lemonade (again, not entirely unlike Squirt, though without the lime component) and a touch of vague graininess in the background. The taste brings in more of the same, an enjoyable lemon spritzer of sorts. The body is a light medium, with a moderate carbonation and a sorta/kinda drying finish. Overall, a pretty tasty radler, to be honest. Not bad at all. (691 characters)

3/5  rDev n/a

3.44/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Can from On the Fly Gasmart. Pours out a murky light golden color with huge head. Aroma is lemonade and 7-Up. Taste brings in more of the lemon lime soda, with hints of the pale malts . Hugely refreshing, as intended. One of the better pre-mixed radlers I’ve had. (265 characters)

3.7/5  rDev n/a

3.89/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

500ml can. Poured into straight pint glass. Poured a cloudy pale yellow color with a thin cap, about 1/16 inch, of white head that typically low-moderate retention and lacing.

The aroma hit you with a LOT of bright lemon scent, so much that I didn't really pick up any "beer" aromas. On the tongue, the lemonade balanced very nicely with a light, lagerish taste to provide for crisp blend of flavors. The beer was sweet across most of the palate, but had a crisp, very dry finish.

The mouthfeel was a bit peculiar as well, both thin and medium at the same time, how does that happen? Drinkability was freaking excellent! That pint can was gone in a flash, and I'm going back to buy a couple more today. Overall, a very tasty drink for these warm weather months. A must try. (779 characters)

4.04/5  rDev n/a

Warka Radler (Lemonade) from Browary Warka Sp. z o.o.
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.