Microbrew Invitational

Added by SadMachine on 10-18-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 14
4.69/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I finally decided to add this because nobody else was and I had to stop being lazy! This is mostly from memory, but I did take a few notes on this.

A- Pours a somewhat hazy bright golden/straw color with orange hues. A billowing white head of soapy foam tops this, and retains well, leaving lots of sticky lacing. Just a stunning beer to look at!

S- Waves upon waves of Citra hops! All the tropical and citrus fruits you can imagine, from mango to tangerine to grapefruit to pineapple! I could go on and on! A solid caramel/butterscotch malt backbone holds this all together.

T- Taste is a good balance of hop character and malt. A good dose of the citrus and pineapple, while the mango and other tropical fruits are a bit less pronounced. The butterscotch and caramel malt flavors are quite prevalent! Very well balanced! Honestly I would give a higher score for taste, but I feel it's between 4.5 and 4.75, and I think overall it should land around 4.6-4.65, so this is how I'll score it...

M- The mouthfeel is buttery smooth, reminiscent of Abner! Just goes down so easily... perhaps a bit too easily! Can't imagine a better mouthfeel for an IPA!

O- This is just an outstanding IPA that delivers more flavor and aroma than 99% of DIPAs out there! They need to make this at least on a rotating basis!

Head High (Double Dry-Hopped W/ Citra) from Kane Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.