Overhead - Kane Brewing Company

New Jersey, United States

Beer added by: Naugros on 03-30-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.97/5  rDev -8.1%

Many, many thanks to Millerbuffoon for generously sharing this growler.

A - Pours a medium copper orange color with a thin ring of lacing and super mild carbonation.

S - Lightly earthy and herbally light pungency with little to no malt aroma and light citrus. The aroma is mild, would expect more intensity from a big beer like this.

T - Earthy and herbal light flavor with spearmint, orange, and spice.

M - Medium to full body that's just right for this particular beer.

O - The alcohol level of this beer is completely hidden and no alcohol effervescence whatsoever, nicely done for this ABV.

4.32/5  rDev 0%

Joe Canal's Groweler, Poured into Duvel Tulip Glass

A: A transparent copper color, with a nice foamy finger head at the top that stayed through the whole thing, and a nice sticky lacing around the glass that never disappeared.

S: The smell was malty with some strong hop notes coming through, lots of citrus, some honey and pineapple notes as well.

T: This beer taste great, very well balanced. Nice mixture of the malts and hops, a nice bitterness on the tail end, at first sip though is nothing but sweetness, citrus and honey.

M: Medium bodied, smooth, not to much carbonation.

O: Happy that New Jersey has a little gem in Kane Brewing, fantastic brew, first time trying Kane and was not disappointed.

4.29/5  rDev -0.7%

@ Maloney's in Matawan in a port brewing pint glass

Kane hasn't disappointed yet!

Average amber color with 1.5 finger head. I almost thought the waitress got me a pint of head high at first - that wouldve been great also but if I wanted head high I wouldve gone to a closer bar.

smell was floral with fresh malts. reminded me over hoptium, distinct smell from an aggressive dry hop (hope im right about that). would like to see the hop profile

Taste was delicious and surpassed expectations. Dry bitterness well balance by a healthy malt backbone. As this beer goes down a little bit of sweetness tickles the back of your mouth.

Overall I loved this beer. This review may not be great as I do not remember most of the tasting notes and did not write them down as I should have. I will say im proud Kane is making god beer from new jersey. They're probably brewing the best offerings in the state right now, can't wait to try some of their bottled beers being released soon.

4.62/5  rDev +6.9%

When I reviewed Head High IPA I exclaimed that it was the best beer brewed in New Jersey and I was right, at the time. This DIPA from Kane Brewing has knocked it off its pedestal for me.

I had this at a Meet the Brewer event at the Taphouse Grille in Wayne, NJ. So I got to talk to Mike Kane about this one. He confirmed that the hopping is a little different and that explains the fact that, while it smells quite a bit like Head High, it's got a bit more of a grapefruit kick to it. That's thanks to some Simcoe (my favorite!) and Amarillo hops.

The ABV is higher, but with the bitterness up there, it wouldn't be all that sessionable anyway. After two of these my palate begged for mercy but didn't complain at all when I had a third.

Kane still manages to impress me with everything they produce and I can't wait for something Mike said might be out in October.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last