Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Overhead - Kane Brewing Company

Kane Brewing Company visit their website
New Jersey, United States

Beer added by: Naugros on 03-30-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
4.29/5  rDev -0.9%

@ Maloney's in Matawan in a port brewing pint glass

Kane hasn't disappointed yet!

Average amber color with 1.5 finger head. I almost thought the waitress got me a pint of head high at first - that wouldve been great also but if I wanted head high I wouldve gone to a closer bar.

smell was floral with fresh malts. reminded me over hoptium, distinct smell from an aggressive dry hop (hope im right about that). would like to see the hop profile

Taste was delicious and surpassed expectations. Dry bitterness well balance by a healthy malt backbone. As this beer goes down a little bit of sweetness tickles the back of your mouth.

Overall I loved this beer. This review may not be great as I do not remember most of the tasting notes and did not write them down as I should have. I will say im proud Kane is making god beer from new jersey. They're probably brewing the best offerings in the state right now, can't wait to try some of their bottled beers being released soon.

4.62/5  rDev +6.7%

When I reviewed Head High IPA I exclaimed that it was the best beer brewed in New Jersey and I was right, at the time. This DIPA from Kane Brewing has knocked it off its pedestal for me.

I had this at a Meet the Brewer event at the Taphouse Grille in Wayne, NJ. So I got to talk to Mike Kane about this one. He confirmed that the hopping is a little different and that explains the fact that, while it smells quite a bit like Head High, it's got a bit more of a grapefruit kick to it. That's thanks to some Simcoe (my favorite!) and Amarillo hops.

The ABV is higher, but with the bitterness up there, it wouldn't be all that sessionable anyway. After two of these my palate begged for mercy but didn't complain at all when I had a third.

Kane still manages to impress me with everything they produce and I can't wait for something Mike said might be out in October.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last