Black Forest Wee Willy's Weissbier - Black Forest Brew Haus

No picture uploaded.

Black Forest Brew Haus visit their website
New York, United States

Hefeweizen |  5.70% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 01-19-2003)
Reviews by gueuzegeek:
4.45/5  rDev +13.8%

Nice cloudy Weissbier! Super Banana nose! Definite bubble gum after taste. My co-worker could taste the cloves, but unfortunately, I have yet to be able to distinguish clove taste in any beer, so it must be me. This one was a real pleasant surprise, I was in Long Island for work, and found this place and at first did not even notice this one, since it was not on their website as a current draft. I must say, I was REALLY glad that I did notice this one. Too bad I was only in town a short while and could not stop back for a growler on my way back to south jersey!

gueuzegeek, Aug 13, 2003
4.25/5  rDev +8.7%

Color was cloudy taxi yellow with nice white foam

Slight aroma of cloves

Taste started with banana and finished with cloves...there was a very slight metalic aftertaste as Denali pointed out, however not enough to detract from the taste.
Not a big wheat beer drinker but this was excellent...

stegmakk, Mar 02, 2003
3.93/5  rDev +0.5%

Was very cloudy, as expected, fruity smell at first, then the cloves took over , I'm don't really like cloves but I was surprised at how well this beer went with my Sauerbraten dinner. It was very smooth and drinkable, so much so, that I decided to take a growler home with me. I've had better Hefer Weizen but this was a pretty good one.

northportalehead, Dec 10, 2005

Appearance: Cloudy amber color. White head.

Smell: Bananas and cloves.

Taste: Same as aroma. Also got banana flavored burps which were fun. However, there was a metallic aftertatse that I didn't like which is unfortunate because the other tastes were very good.

Mouthfeel: Thick.

Drinkability: Easy drinking except for the metallic aftertaste.

Denali, Feb 16, 2003
Black Forest Wee Willy's Weissbier from Black Forest Brew Haus
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.