Runoff Red IPA - Odell Brewing Company

Odell Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: SuperWhite92 on 01-30-2009

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Runoff Red IPA Alström Bros
firstprev| 151-175 | 176-200 | 201-225  | next → last
4.65/5  rDev +14.8%

Yum! I've been looking forward to this seasonal, and it lives up to its reputation. Odell just keeps delivering.

A - Nice amber color and thick, foamy head, which persists longer than expected. Good 2-finger lacing. Pretty.

S - All kinds of citrus, no pine. It's like smelling a ripe, red grapefruit -- all fruit and flowers, very clean.

T - Mmmm. I actually made that sound. Twice. This has unexpected balance. It's like a malty red grapefruit.

M - My only criticism of this beer is the parched-tongue feeling I get, like after drinking a tannic wine. Really odd.

D - This goes down readily and willingly. I could drink quite a few of these.

4.7/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I normally expect Red Ales to be malty and way too sweet. This beer is something else

Yes it is malty but it has a wonderful surge of hops. Seems more like an extra malty pale ale than anything.

Hazy dark amber brew with a glow when you hold it up to the light.

Aroma is mostly toasty malt but with some hops in the background. Flavor is balanced and rich. Some copper notes. Floral hops.

Extremely drinkable. I wish I bought more than just one bottle of this, on my last trip to Junction City, KS.

firstprev| 151-175 | 176-200 | 201-225  | next → last