Snowriders Ale - Odell Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Odell Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.80% ABV

(Beer added by: rhinos00 on 05-29-2010)
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.5/5  rDev +13.1%

3.75/5  rDev -5.8%

4.38/5  rDev +10.1%

On my first visit to the brewery, I decided to get a tray of beers to get a good sample of the selection. This beer to me was one of the standouts. Basically the description labeled it as a wheat beer that was hopped up.

A- Pours a semi-clear straw / golden color. Produced a fingers width of white, creamy head. Dissipated into a thin film with minor lacing throughout consumption.

S- Simple, but distinct and potent. Presence of wheat is noticeable, but more so, the pine and grassy hops stand out the most. Great combination of aromas.

T- Much more developed than the aroma. Upfront an almost semi-sweet wheat flavor hits the palate. A second later, a palate cleansing hops flavor takes over...offering a grassy, slightly piney flavor with a medium bitter finish. The flavors mesh together perfectly.

M- Light bodied with good carbonation. Clean and crisp, just what I'm looking for.

D- Extremely drinkable, especially given the low abv. I almost finished a growler by myself, which is a pretty tough task for any beer.

Overall, simply amazed as to how much flavor is packed into this session beer. Additionally, I really enjoyed how the hops flavors paired with the wheat base, giving it a little variation from pale ales. This is a fantastic session beer, highly recommended.

4.18/5  rDev +5%

I try to pick up a growler of Snowriders Ale every time it's available at the brewery. It's a hit at home and offers a nice break from the usual brews we have around.

A- Pours a translucent golden yellow color with a medium head and minor lacing.

S- Wheat and hops! My father described it as "fields of growth". I am not quite sure what that means but you can easily detect a variety of American hops with the wheat. Quite pleasant.

T- Expands upon the Aroma. The beer hits with the sweet malt and wheat flavors. The hops then become much more prevalent: citrus and pine flavors without an overly bitter taste. The flavors compliment each other quite well.

M- Well carbonated with a very crisp clean body.

D- Very drinkable session beer with great flavor. Very refreshing, probably more so than any other brew I've had at Odell's.

I would recommend this brew if you're in the area to try it. Only available at Odell's. The server told me it was an American Wheat ale with American hops. I tried to get more information to specifically name the hops but to no avail.

Serving type: growler

Reviewed on: 01-14-2011 14:35:41

3.08/5  rDev -22.6%

Had this as part of the Pilot tasting at Odell for the Mountain Standard release party today. Was nonplussed.

L: Light with soapy head. Clear, with lots of carbonation. Looks like a pils.

S: Light in the extreme, slightest bit of hops.

T: Clean crisp and light, slight touch of corn in the back, with wheat up front. Tiny touch of hops in the middle.

F: Like champagne, bit heavier after-feel than I'd like.

D: Meh.

Snowriders Ale from Odell Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.