Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout - Odell Brewing Company

Lugene Chocolate Milk StoutLugene Chocolate Milk Stout

Odell Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Milk / Sweet Stout |  8.50% ABV

(Beer added by: denver10 on 01-03-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout Alström Bros

Kurmaraja, Jul 24, 2014

Disease, Jul 23, 2014

paresis, Jul 23, 2014

snarygare, Jul 21, 2014

Kinger86, Jul 19, 2014
3.68/5  rDev -9.4%

Looks like a porter, smells like a porter (anyone who can school me in how to better rate porters based on appearance, feel free to BM me). Extra points on appearance because I love the label - makes me hungry for chocolate and milk, which made the beer irresistible.
The taste is great, it's an awesome porter, but I'm suspicious that the brewers were able to hide behind the milk/chocolate notes, the way a guitarist might hide behind his effects pedals... I think it's awesome, but I also think I expected more... and based upon the kick-ass label, I don't think that's unreasonable! I'm just an ignorant consumer, after all...
As far as mouthfeel is concerned, I feel like it's got the mouthfeel of a typical porter - I'm usually not a fan, but it works with this beers sweetness, so I'm happy with it.

Overall, it's a good beer, but if it were available in my market I don't think I would buy it very often. Very happy to have gotten to try it, and hopefully we get it here soon (because I DO like it, and I WOULD buy it, just not all the time).

Thanks again to CreepinJeeper for this awesome extra!

BIG TIME EDIT: I just realized this beer is classified as a stout... I know that porters are stouts, and stouts are porters, but this changes things. This is a little weak for a stout. Too carbonated, too light. Still Good. Carry on.

Hop-Droppen-Roll, Jul 18, 2014

surlytwinsfan, Jul 17, 2014

thufflife, Jul 17, 2014
3.25/5  rDev -20%

IrishTank, Jul 17, 2014

Stum-pub, Jul 17, 2014

A: poured into a tulip glass to a black beer with a thick one finger light tan head that fades slowly to a small mat with some lacing
S: smells of milk chocolate and roasted malt
T: taste is sweet milk chocolate, roasted malt, and a slight licorice note. swallow brings more chocolate, roasted malt and a little coffee flavor
M: this beer is pretty smooth but on the heavy side with soft and slightly prickly carbonation with a clean and refreshing finish
O: It's a pretty good beer with some nice flavors and solid execution. It's pretty smooth and easy drinking as well.

SHODriver, Jul 17, 2014

Amsterdallas, Jul 16, 2014

Michaeldmanley, Jul 16, 2014

budsandsuds8, Jul 16, 2014
4.29/5  rDev +5.7%

On draft at the Odell Brewery, June 2013

A - : Pitch black, lots of tan lace, and alot of sticky lace on the glass
A - : Lactose, milky, chocolate of course.
T - : Huge milk chocolate flavor! Extreme on the taste buds. Smooth, sweet, perfect
M - Medium carbonation, crisp
O - If you like chocolate, and you like stouts, it doesn't get any better than this. Tasty as hell!

BeerDawgs, Jul 16, 2014