Coconut Porter - Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

No picture uploaded.

Hardywood Park Craft Brewery visit their website
Virginia, United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: clayrock81 on 08-18-2013)
Reviews by Zraly:

nandemo1

3.5/5  rDev -10.7%

11-03-2013 04:17:00 | More by nandemo1
clayrock81

I think this was a new beer and if so they should keep it in rotation more. Poured a blackish body with good head and minor lace. Easy to drink and had a dry finish, the aroma and taste is mostly a milky sweetness thanks to the coconut and if you like your porters a little more sweet than dry/balanced, then this is a good one to go for. Slightly chewey, medium to full bodied, I will say there are a little bit of roasted malts in this beer but it's mostly a sweet porter so no complaints from me.

08-18-2013 22:24:01 | More by clayrock81
jayfro70

4.2/5  rDev +7.1%

On tap at On the Rox at a Hardywood tap takeover.

A - Very cloudy. Almost like a chocolate milk/coffee combination. I've never seen a beer from HWP this cloudy, and I think it may have been the tap, and not the beer. I could attribute it to it being poured from a cask, but I had another HWP beer later in the evening, and it was very cloudy as well, and that beer has never been cloudy in the past when I've had it.

S - Nice nutty, sweet smell. Some chocolatey notes

T - Very nice taste. Quite balanced. More roasty and choclatey notes than coconut, but there is a smoothness that I think comes from the coconut.

M - One of the better mouthfeels that I've had from a HWP beer. Smooth, not too carbonated.

O - Overall, this is a very nice beer. I would like to try it again if I can find it on tap somewhere else or in bottle. I'm not sure it was poured properly as I've never seen another beer from HWP with this appearance.

08-29-2013 17:04:24 | More by jayfro70
Coconut Porter from Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
- out of 100 based on 7 ratings.