Coconut Porter - Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

No picture uploaded.

Hardywood Park Craft Brewery visit their website
Virginia, United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: clayrock81 on 08-18-2013)
4.28/5  rDev +8.6%

3.75/5  rDev -4.8%

BeastLU, Oct 02, 2013

Zraly, Sep 15, 2013
4.2/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

On tap at On the Rox at a Hardywood tap takeover.

A - Very cloudy. Almost like a chocolate milk/coffee combination. I've never seen a beer from HWP this cloudy, and I think it may have been the tap, and not the beer. I could attribute it to it being poured from a cask, but I had another HWP beer later in the evening, and it was very cloudy as well, and that beer has never been cloudy in the past when I've had it.

S - Nice nutty, sweet smell. Some chocolatey notes

T - Very nice taste. Quite balanced. More roasty and choclatey notes than coconut, but there is a smoothness that I think comes from the coconut.

M - One of the better mouthfeels that I've had from a HWP beer. Smooth, not too carbonated.

O - Overall, this is a very nice beer. I would like to try it again if I can find it on tap somewhere else or in bottle. I'm not sure it was poured properly as I've never seen another beer from HWP with this appearance.

jayfro70, Aug 29, 2013

I think this was a new beer and if so they should keep it in rotation more. Poured a blackish body with good head and minor lace. Easy to drink and had a dry finish, the aroma and taste is mostly a milky sweetness thanks to the coconut and if you like your porters a little more sweet than dry/balanced, then this is a good one to go for. Slightly chewey, medium to full bodied, I will say there are a little bit of roasted malts in this beer but it's mostly a sweet porter so no complaints from me.

clayrock81, Aug 18, 2013
Coconut Porter from Hardywood Park Craft Brewery
- out of 100 based on 9 ratings.