2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Fresh Nugs - Karbach Brewing Co.

Fresh Nugs
No picture uploaded.

Karbach Brewing Co. visit their website
Texas, United States

English Pale Ale |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: champ103 on 10-13-2012)
View: Beers (29) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 29 | Reviews: 3 | Show All Ratings:
Ford

4.64/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap at Gordon Street Tavern in Alvin.

Let me start by saying, if this could be a year round regular beer from Karbach, it would immediately be my go to fridge beer.. it is awesome.

Super easy to drink... plenty of hops, but not overbearing for a guy like me who likes hops but doesn't love hop bitterness all over the finish.

Such a great beer... smell is super fresh mowed grass to my nose... a good friend said it smelled like another fresh type of grass.. not my thing... so I don't know..

Man.. I'm going to find this somewhere for a growler fill or two... love it.

11-20-2013 01:53:18 | More by Ford
afluentturtle

4.1/5  rDev +6.8%

On cask at flying saucer Houston. Served in a pint glass

Appearance: Reddish amber, about a finger of head and a reasonable amount of lace as beer is consumed.

Smell: Typical hops, grapefruit, pine/resin, flowery and a little bit of all spice.

Taste: Almost a herbal tea like flavor up front, then grapefruit and pine, aftertaste is all hops. Not too bitter, very drinkable

Mouthfeel: Quite light, very smooth and very very easy to drink.

Overall: Not bad at all, a good intro to fresh hopped beers, not earth shattering but worth drinking again for sure.

Serving type: cask

12-16-2012 23:09:07 | More by afluentturtle
champ103

4.18/5  rDev +8.9%

On cask at Hay Merchant in Houston. I am adding this as an English IPA. Nugget and Kent hops, and really reminds me of the English IPA's I am familiar with. I could be dead wrong though.

A: Pours almost a perfectly clear orange/red color. A two finger white head forms with good retention and lace.
S: Hops up front. Spicy, floral, herbal, tea like. That I really enjoy. A good balance of caramel malt.
T: Hops up front again. Spicy and herbal hops flavors. Some bitterness. Caramel malt, light sweetness, wood. Lingering bitterness. Very nice and balanced.
M/D: A near perfect body for cask. Well carbonated, smooth, velvety, with a lingering dryness. So easy to drink. All day with this one.

Another great offering from Karback. I love the cask, I close my eyes and I am in the UK. Something I really recommend.

Serving type: cask

10-13-2012 01:14:58 | More by champ103
Fresh Nugs from Karbach Brewing Co.