Join our email list →

I Swear Sugarpants; It Was Your Idea Lactose Brown Ale - Sawdust City Brewing Co.

I Swear Sugarpants; It Was Your Idea Lactose Brown Ale

American Brown Ale | 5.00% ABV

Beer added by: liamt07 on 10-31-2011

Reviews by peensteen:
3.38/5  rDev n/a

Ruby brown colour, soapy white head, spots of lace. Smell is fairly spicy, corriander, all spice, lightly roasted malt, ginger. Taste is spicy, lots of corriander, light sourness, lightly bitter, ginger, decent malt bill. Mouthfeel is quite thin, luight feel and fairly watery. Not bad but not exactly a hit, I don't know if I would come back to this one.

3.52/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

On cask at Volo's Cask Days 2011, listed at 15 IBUs.

Poured a dark brown with chestnut highlights in the body, a tan head as well. Nose is relatively spicy, quite a bit of ginger, coriander, allspice. Some sweet malt notes, but not a lot else. Taste has more spicing as per the nose (ginger, allspice etc), some chocolate and some roasty qualities. Mouthfeel is a disappointment, thin and just a bit heavier than water. Light residual spicing in the finish with somewhat appropriate carbonation given the serving type. This was a decent second offering from the brewery, but I think the lack of body hindered its success. I'm not sure if this could be attributed to the cask or what have you, but I still believe this brewery is off on the right track idea-wise.

I Swear Sugarpants; It Was Your Idea Lactose Brown Ale from Sawdust City Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.