Dale's Pale Ale - Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

good

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-08-2002)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Dale's Pale Ale Alström Bros
OtisCampbell007

bacasnax

04-01-2013 23:48:21 | More by bacasnax
osi

2.05/5  rDev -47.4%

A - This was by far the most impressive part of the brew. Poured a medium brown like an apple cider. Excellent frothy fluffy head with spider lacing down the glass.

S - Nice floral hops caramel malts but what really threw me was the rubber tire taste that trailed in at the end.

T - Floral hops that finished heavily bitter, almost too bitter. As in the smell the rubber tires came in at the end, pretty bad and unfortunately turns the whole taste of the aspect to a downward spiral.

M - Little carbonation with a slick mouthfeel.

D - Steer clear of this dangerous brew. Hops are too overpowering that lead to a super bitter aftertaste and something else if off from this brew. Avoid please.

04-01-2008 02:56:34 | More by osi
KaaosMachine

Arizona

2.05/5  rDev -47.4%

Really? The cans I bought were canned on May 1st 2012, according to the bottom of the can. I had high hopes for this brew after reading favorable reviews here on BA, but either I got a bad batch or this just doesn't float my boat, lol!

I poured the first can into an ice cold pint glass. It looked great! I smelled it and detected a bit of hops, so I was stoked, cuz I'm a hops head. Well, ugh, the first taste was bitter, chewy & lingering.

Come on, this has to be a poor sample, right?

Nevertheless, I had another and I'm sorry to say, that after just a few gulps, I poured it in my drain and grabbed a Hop Knot.

If someone else buys, I might try a third, but I'd prefer an adjunct lager over this slosh.

05-27-2012 20:00:20 | More by KaaosMachine
righlander

2.1/5  rDev -46.2%

pours a clean amber from a 12oz can to a pint glass. smells hoppy with notes of vanilla and pale malt.very laced with light carbonation. taste is malt with hints of vanilla in the mix with a hoppy bite. a creamy vanilla hopped up weirdness. Seems lightly carbonated. this is a weird tasting brew. It has some weird vanilla taste to it that makes me not want to taste it anymore. I can't see drinking more than one of these. BLEEEGH I don't like it. Sorry.

05-31-2008 02:16:51 | More by righlander
johnyb

03-28-2014 02:41:13 | More by johnyb
livingregret

Washington

2.25/5  rDev -42.3%

Having heard a lot about this beer I decided to give it a try...

Serving Type: 12 oz can

Appearance: Pours a orange colour w/ a slight white head. Leaves a pleasant ring w/ a little lacing

Smell: Malty, fruity. A touch of floral...pine perhaps.

Taste: Dry and hoppy upfront. A very slight touch of pineapple but the aftertaste is strongly metallic and pine like. VERY metallic....not what I was expecting at all.

Mouthfeel: I imagined something thicker...but this is very thin and watery

Drinkability: The taste is to metallic and it is way to overpowering. You can't tell when the can ends and the beer begins. Not at all enjoyable

09-04-2007 17:31:44 | More by livingregret
TheBigBoy

08-12-2012 22:59:51 | More by TheBigBoy
ScottUCF84

2.25/5  rDev -42.3%

On tap into a pint glass.

A- Looks decent; dark amber with a thin white head. Little lacing.

S- Smells of floral hops and a touch of what I like to call 'macro stank'. (not skunk, stank. This is probably from malt, or rice. It can be found on the tongue, too)

T- The hop flavor is pretty nice... but I feel like the rest of the brew is lacking. There is something horrible about it... just poor ingredients other than the hops I suppose. Although, if you need your hop fix, this will do the trick.

M- Medium to light body, medium carbonation. Leaves the mouth a bit dry.

D- About 1/4 way into this beer... I honestly did not want to finish it. Hard to explain, but it just wasn't for me.

I don't get the hype of this one. Are they inconsistent with their batches? Is it better from the can? I may never know... but I do know that it was brutal.

05-11-2008 01:20:08 | More by ScottUCF84

moot2142

06-28-2014 02:13:14 | More by moot2142
sbe1

2.35/5  rDev -39.7%

Blah. A not so great pale ale.

Appearance: Not too bad looking but not memorable either. A dark cloudy copper colored beer with a fluffy whitish/light-orangish head that breaks down to a sticky lace on the glass.

Smell: Malt, some hops but far less than the "voluminously hopped" boast on the side of the can. Hint of pineapple and some other citrusy fruit.

Taste: Not good. Bitter, poor quality hops or the wrong combination or hops, slightly musty; dryish and bitter finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery, but the bitterness really ruins it.

Drinkability: Not recommended. There are too many good American pale ales around to waste your time with this one.

05-22-2008 02:24:12 | More by sbe1
HalfFull

2.4/5  rDev -38.5%

Well, this is my first hype brew since I've been here on BA, newly distributed here so I assume it's reasonably fresh. Poured from a 12 oz. can into a pint glass, it pours a hazy orange amber with a half inch head. Retention is short, lacing is well represented.

Smells of hops and malts in union. Hops are floral and citrus with some pine as well as sweet malts.

Taste is another story. Thick syrupy lightly toasted malt sugars, sickly rich. Malt is way overdone here in my view, and it sticks around for a while cloaking the finish. Some bitterness pushes through but that's about it. Not a lot of depth to the malt either, and not chewy. Mouthfeel is good initially but the malts coat like an oily salad dressing thus rejecting any further flavors from participating. Tastes like a desert wine, and a poor one at that.

Definitely won't be buying this one again. Lesson learned.

06-11-2008 06:25:00 | More by HalfFull
blordo1685

2.44/5  rDev -37.4%

A- Pours an amber, light orange clear, 2 finger egg shell head.

S- Very bitter hops, astringent with no discerning character.

T- Bitter hop flavor, front, middle and back of tongue.

M- Light to medium, easy to drink with lots of carbonation.

O- A forgetful pale ale, needs more malt to balance the hops. Not really tasty.The date shown said it was pretty fresh, so not sure why it was so average. Many other beers out there, so may as well skip this one.

06-22-2014 03:16:42 | More by blordo1685
breyton490

2.48/5  rDev -36.4%

I picked up a 6-pack at the Publix in Orlando while on a business trip.

No date on the can, so I don't know how old this beers was when I bought it. First poor produced a big pillowy head, slightly cloudy, red/amber color. Aroma was very malty, caramel with some hop aroma muddled in between.

Body was medium. Not a crisp. clean taste like you get with an SNPA. Tasted malty, I got lots of caramel and maybe Munich malt taste with some hop bitterness upfront, but then nothing on the finish. Dont know what to make of this beer. I had two, but dont think I would want another.

Theres lots of hype around this beer, but I think there are far better examples of American Pale out there. I don't think I would recommend this one unless you are curious.

06-03-2008 19:29:25 | More by breyton490
alysmith4

District of Columbia

2.48/5  rDev -36.4%

Much sweeter than I had expected, but not bad in general. Lots of fruit flavors.. apricot, peach, and a touch of honey. Didn't detect much hops.. not exactly a well-balanced beer. One that I enjoyed to try, but I didn't have more than one. Not a terrible beer, but I'm not sure that I would recommend this beer to anyone.

03-01-2008 21:46:32 | More by alysmith4