Dale's Pale Ale - Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.50% ABV

Beer added by: Todd on 10-08-2002

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Dale's Pale Ale Alström Bros
4.68/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A - Deep, rich amber color. A respectable head that leaves lots of lacing.

S - Sweet honey and floral notes. Delicious.

T - A hoppy, but well-balanced, candied floral taste that just explodes in your mouth.

M - What can I say? Full and smooth without being overly carbonated or any other such negative characteristics. Pretty much perfect.

O - Maybe I just got an incredibly fresh batch of this, but my god. This is one of the ten best beers I've ever tasted. I drank this after a large bottle of Hennepin (another personal favorite) and this beer blew it out of the water... Let me just put it this way: I stopped posting on BA about 2.5 years ago because I just kinda got bored of it. This beer inspired me to come back and post a review. Between this and the also-exceptional Fat Tire Shift Pale Lager, I am quickly becoming a canned beer convert. If you see it, try it.

3.5/5  rDev -10%

A- Pours a dark and golden tone with good clarity and forms a soft pillow of head. Good retention and nice lacing.

S - Citrus, orange peel, some malts, caramel.

T - Not a hop bomb, but a nice snappy crisp hop balanced with some malts. Easy to drink.

O - Very solid APA that I could drink all day. This is a nice one to keep in the fridge.

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

4.11/5  rDev +5.7%

355ml can poured into tulip 8/4/13

A clear golden yellow with a few streams of slow bubbles with a few big speedy ones, thumbs width of off white foam quickly falls to a thick film and leaves a few thick squiggly rings of lace

S orange and tangerine peel, a little pine, some sweet toffee and slight floral notes, some lemony citrus and orange sherbert with a very faint hint of soap but it somehow works well

T more rind then flesh, slightly more toffee and pine, a faint metallic aspect I couldn't place, not sure why but I get just a little bubblegum but everything works just not quite as nice as the nose

M medium bodied and stops just short of creamy, a little gritty on the gums and a mild bitter bite, lingering rind finish

O I'd never guess it's 6.5%, drinks like a session ale and its very well rounded, I'd get buzzed before I got board of this one, pretty solid brew

I like it and I'm stoked that Oskar Blues has entered our market but I'd have a hard time buying this again when its 17$ a 6er, I'm grooving on it but I'd take Red Racer or Lagunitas Sucks for the same price

3.7/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Pint at Owen and Engine in Chicago. Deep apricot color, a bit hazy with average head and lacing. Aroma was more orange, citrusy than pine for me, with some malty sweetness.

Taste was better than aroma led me to believe. Very nice body, with slight caramel sweetness, but not too much and not in the finish. Wish I could get in Indy.

3.74/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I might have to drink this Pale Ale again. I love Oscar Blues, however this beer wasn't one of my favorites from them.

Appearance: Beer was quite hazy. Almost looks as if it's unfiltered. Doesn't have the polished, beautiful appearance of a large brewing companies beer. Amber in color with good carbonation and head retention. Left some good lacing in the glass.

Smell: Not a whole lot of aroma. Pale and crystal malts, with maybe some munich? I gathered a lot of piney hops with peppery spices and some subtle grapefruit and citrus.

Taste: A good malt backbone with a strong flavor of piney and spicy hops. Very little citrus flavor.

Mouthfeel: A little bitter on the finish, but not bad. A medium bodied beer with a decent mouthfeel.

Overall: Again, I love Oscar Blues so I think i'm going to try this one again. I really got a bit of a different flavor profile than some of the other reviews that I saw on here. It is a good beer, but there are other pale ales I enjoy more.

3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

Appearance: Nice frothy white head, good carbonation, cloudy golden color, much like a yeasty beer. Decent lacing too.

Smell: Grapefruit, citrus hops

Taste: Lemon-grapefruit mix with a touch of plum.

Mouthfeel: Medium-light body, ok carbonation

This is a very flavorful beer. The first sip is almost overbearing because it shocked me with all the citrus flavor. After that I knew what to expect and it was really good. Although not a session beer, I'm going to love drinking this occasionally.

2.75/5  rDev -29.3%