Dale's Pale Ale - Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

good

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  6.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Todd on 10-08-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Dale's Pale Ale Alström Bros
1.75/5  rDev -55%

Poured from a 12oz can into a nonic pint glass, received via trade from arvjunk. Thanks Ankur!

A: Pours a cloudy golden amber, with 2 fingers of frothy white head.

S: Light caramel malts and fruity citrus hops, alongside a distinct and quite buttery smell. Doesn't seem to be common in other reviews, but remarkably clear in my glass.

T: Caramel malts again, not much hop flavor here... quite metallic tasting.

M: Light body, light carbonation; rather watery.

D: Considering smell, taste, and mouthfeel, this glass wasn't particularly enjoyable. At least I could spend the first 8 ounces trying to decide if it really was butter I was smelling... Not particularly recommended, though based on the large number of positive reviews here, it may be worth checking out.

2.05/5  rDev -47.3%

A - This was by far the most impressive part of the brew. Poured a medium brown like an apple cider. Excellent frothy fluffy head with spider lacing down the glass.

S - Nice floral hops caramel malts but what really threw me was the rubber tire taste that trailed in at the end.

T - Floral hops that finished heavily bitter, almost too bitter. As in the smell the rubber tires came in at the end, pretty bad and unfortunately turns the whole taste of the aspect to a downward spiral.

M - Little carbonation with a slick mouthfeel.

D - Steer clear of this dangerous brew. Hops are too overpowering that lead to a super bitter aftertaste and something else if off from this brew. Avoid please.

2.05/5  rDev -47.3%

Really? The cans I bought were canned on May 1st 2012, according to the bottom of the can. I had high hopes for this brew after reading favorable reviews here on BA, but either I got a bad batch or this just doesn't float my boat, lol!

I poured the first can into an ice cold pint glass. It looked great! I smelled it and detected a bit of hops, so I was stoked, cuz I'm a hops head. Well, ugh, the first taste was bitter, chewy & lingering.

Come on, this has to be a poor sample, right?

Nevertheless, I had another and I'm sorry to say, that after just a few gulps, I poured it in my drain and grabbed a Hop Knot.

If someone else buys, I might try a third, but I'd prefer an adjunct lager over this slosh.

2.1/5  rDev -46%

pours a clean amber from a 12oz can to a pint glass. smells hoppy with notes of vanilla and pale malt.very laced with light carbonation. taste is malt with hints of vanilla in the mix with a hoppy bite. a creamy vanilla hopped up weirdness. Seems lightly carbonated. this is a weird tasting brew. It has some weird vanilla taste to it that makes me not want to taste it anymore. I can't see drinking more than one of these. BLEEEGH I don't like it. Sorry.

2.24/5  rDev -42.4%

2.25/5  rDev -42.2%

Having heard a lot about this beer I decided to give it a try...

Serving Type: 12 oz can

Appearance: Pours a orange colour w/ a slight white head. Leaves a pleasant ring w/ a little lacing

Smell: Malty, fruity. A touch of floral...pine perhaps.

Taste: Dry and hoppy upfront. A very slight touch of pineapple but the aftertaste is strongly metallic and pine like. VERY metallic....not what I was expecting at all.

Mouthfeel: I imagined something thicker...but this is very thin and watery

Drinkability: The taste is to metallic and it is way to overpowering. You can't tell when the can ends and the beer begins. Not at all enjoyable

2.25/5  rDev -42.2%

On tap into a pint glass.

A- Looks decent; dark amber with a thin white head. Little lacing.

S- Smells of floral hops and a touch of what I like to call 'macro stank'. (not skunk, stank. This is probably from malt, or rice. It can be found on the tongue, too)

T- The hop flavor is pretty nice... but I feel like the rest of the brew is lacking. There is something horrible about it... just poor ingredients other than the hops I suppose. Although, if you need your hop fix, this will do the trick.

M- Medium to light body, medium carbonation. Leaves the mouth a bit dry.

D- About 1/4 way into this beer... I honestly did not want to finish it. Hard to explain, but it just wasn't for me.

I don't get the hype of this one. Are they inconsistent with their batches? Is it better from the can? I may never know... but I do know that it was brutal.

Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues Grill & Brew