Deviant Dale's IPA - Oskar Blues Grill & Brew

Deviant Dale's IPADeviant Dale's IPA

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew visit their website
Colorado, United States

Beer added by: Jason on 01-16-2011

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 3,052 | Reviews: 628

1.92/5  rDev -52.2%

Ten Fidy was delicious. This however, was not.

2.24/5  rDev -44.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

I did not enjoy this beer at all. The bitterness is incredibly unpleasant, and contributes to a horrible flavor. I got a four pack, would not buy it again. I ended up giving the last one away because the beer was so bad...

2.36/5  rDev -41.3%

Canned 24FEB12

Pours amber with a little off white soapy head. Smells of weed, onion, catty with some musk. Really a masculine, if you will, nose. REsiny, grapefruit, onion again, really surprised at how I can taste the alcohol through this hop onslaught. Really a ton of hops here and a good dose of sweet malts. There is a body odor flavor on the hop profile and I am okay with it, but not really digging the flavor much. Medium bodied with moderate carb and a wet finish. This is a big beer certainly, but a little too far into the resin, onion, veggie, B.O. profiles for me. Probably the first big miss I've had from Oskar Blues.

2.39/5  rDev -40.5%

16oz can into a pint glass

A: Pours a clear amber color with two fingers of dense white head.

S: Smells like a hop come - this aroma is seriously all hops. Mostly pine, I get a bit of citrus, too.

T: Again, this is all hops. I get almost no malt character at all - this tastes like hop juice. It's only moderately bitter, but the hops are extreme in their flavor. The pine is again in the forefront - I don't get much else. I really get nothing from the malts in this beer.

M: On the thick side with nice creamy carbonation.

O: There is really no character outside of hops in this beer. It's not overly bitter, but it tastes like hop tea. I get nothing from the malts at all. Not impressed.

2.43/5  rDev -39.6%

From a growler to my pint glass.

Pours an amber orange with a massive amount of off white foam. Several fingers thick. Smells of slight citrus and fruit with a heavy malt backbone. So heavy in fact it is the flavor profile to me. Malt flavor profile = garbage and drain pour. I can't do them. I try and I try, but they are flat out awful. Sweet caramel that richly coats your tongue. It gets stuck in the back of my throat and I want to gag. Horrible beer flat out.

2.5/5  rDev -37.8%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Deviant Dale's IPA from Oskar Blues Grill & Brew