Follow our progress ...

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by Citadel82 on 10-30-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
4/5  rDev n/a

I had initially reviewed this as an APA and after chatting with the Brewer and reviewing my notes and their website comments I think this is more of a very hoppy Saison/ American Blonde. From their Web-Site:

"Jersey locals know that the best time of summer is actually the end of August into September. When the the Bennys are leaving their beach houses, the water is warm, the surf is coming up, the corn is sweet and the tomatoes are ripe. Summer 2011 was about two more things for us, the commissioning of our brew house and a worldwide shortage of hops. Launch was born of months of exploratory hop teas, our favorites of which are here layered over a retrained malt bill, evoking those fresh-chopped herbs you add to a tomato salad to go with a grilled burger for no particular reason. Drink Launch because late summer evenings by the beach are cool."

Pours a hazy golden yellow with a tight-knit,creamy, white head and abundant carbonation.

Aroma is herbal some notes of Tarragon and maybe some faint Thai Basil, some pine and citrus and floral notes of an unspecified origin. All and all pleasing to the senses and definitely a harbinger of good things to come.

Taste is spicy and hop forward. some bread notes but the hop is definitely in a starring role here. The yeasty funk one tastes in many a Saison is somewhat muted in this batch. So when it comes to style perhaps this is more of an American Blonde??

Mouth feel is wholesome and not at all thin, nor too heavy. Stout enough to proudly toast the departure of all those pumpkin and blue license tags and illegal left turns, but light enough that your car does not bottom out at Garfield and Seventh Avenues...

As I stated in my earlier review this is a tasty spicy brew that would make babysitting a surf pole at low tide worthwhile. I may not catch anything, but with a growler of this, or should I say a "Sally Growler" of this , frankly I could care less.

Launch from Carton Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.