Brunch. Dinner. Grub. - Carton Brewing Company

Carton Brewing Company visit their website
New Jersey, United States

American Brown Ale |  6.00% ABV

Beer added by: metter98 on 11-06-2011

B.D.G. (Brunch. Dinner. Grub.) Country Ale: Matching the right beer to the right food is a wonderful assignment. The contemplation of point and counter-point can often be as much fun as the reward of good pairing. Sadly, in a life well lived there is not always time to contemplate what dinner will be, let alone what beverage will play best with it. Here we have selected malts to evoke the crusty breads that sit well next to every meal and seasoned it with the lemony, tarragon/thyme notes of Aramis hops. A go-to, food friendly ale for the table. Drink B.D.G because you are what you eat... and drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL ... 6WbvjLR1Kg
4.24/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I bought my first ever growler after sampling this beer. I couldn't get it out of my head. I had gone home with beer bottles and rushed back to the store before they closed to commit to growlers.

A - Murky honey color and burnt orange. An unfiltered appearance.

S - Cocoa, bread, lemon

T- Wild grass, honeycomb, lively yeast implores the sour sides of the tongue. The Aramis hops in this beer are apparent, not that I know all the different hops.

M- Dry in the front that runs the center of the tongue, but

O - No beer has made me feel so much like I am in the country. If you drink too much of this wild ale you better be careful not to fall into bed with the farmer's daughter.

4.09/5  rDev +7.3%

I'm not a big fan of Brown Ales, but this one seemed a bit more like an IPA with a little brown intertwined. It worked very nicely. Not to mention that it was being sipped on at the #6 best pizza joint in US according to Daily Meal: Roberta's. Beautiful day, beautiful beer. Sign me up for more BDG if you can. I'm # 1 fan of Carton with their Boat session ale. I own several cases as we speak, but not to be partial, I just think these guys brew solid beers. This one comes through. A style that I don't favor, presented in a way that I loved.... well executed and well done! Thanks Carton! See ya soon.

2.75/5  rDev -27.8%

2.75/5  rDev -27.8%

4.56/5  rDev +19.7%

It tastes like a loaf of bread in a glass with some roasted coffee notes and goes down real smooth. A table beer as they refer to it BDG is amazing. I have had this beer with all sorts of food and believe it to be one of the best pairings for a lot of dishes.

4.54/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Awesome brew! these guys continue to amaze me. Pours a nice thick medium dark head, the aroma and taste are moderate flavors of brown bread with subtle notes of caramel and roasted malts.I sense some citrus flavor hiding in the mix and a slight nutty flavor also. The mouthfeel is excellent. I very much enjoyed this brew and would purchase again.

Bottom Line: Carton Kicks A$$

3.25/5  rDev -14.7%