Point The Way IPA - Golden Road Brewing

Point The Way IPAPoint The Way IPA

good

good

Golden Road Brewing visit their website

(Beer added by: ehammond1 on 10-17-2011)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Point The Way IPA Alström Bros

CEDAMA, May 29, 2012

vissai, Nov 16, 2011

Sean227, Oct 17, 2014
4.74/5  rDev +32.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I have gone back to this beer over and over again. My taste has conformed to citra hoppy flavors with that strong special smell. I have a hard time finding beers that give me what I am looking for. It is not even a dollar amount at this point, it is a yearning. Starting off with flavors from Halo, then Double Jack and even lighter beers like Ranger and my favorite limited brew x-114, Point the Way gives me what I yearn. I cannot wait to visit the pub. It is only about 1 hour from home. If you can find it (I get mine at Trader Joes, but randomly) try it. If you like any of the beers I listed, you will enjoy it. Cheers!

slugman, May 13, 2013
4.68/5  rDev +30.7%

A nice light IPA with a big IPA nose.

a - copper with a thick white head

s- hops all the way, chinook and cascade, maybe some simcoe

t- hop driven over a nice toasted maltiness

m-a little thinner than i expected but a great chugger

o- very easy to drink and delightfully hoppy

bfellows, May 10, 2012
4.6/5  rDev +28.5%

RossSheingold, Sep 28, 2014

Kroehny_Loves_Hops, Oct 10, 2014

nowhereman47, Apr 06, 2014
4.5/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Picked up a six pack at the brewery at their grand opening event on Sunday.

I tried a bunch of beers while I was there and this was my favorite.

The cans are 16oz which is nice.

The beer is exactly what it is billed to be. A west coast style india pale ale with less booze but lots of flavor.

RexF, Jan 21, 2012

bradner, Feb 13, 2012

OscarO67, Mar 14, 2012

rainfairy, May 03, 2013
4.35/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a pint can into a smaller glass at the Courtyard Marriott in Culver City, Calif. Less than an inch of head. Color was honey amber. Light gray lacing that dissipated very quickly except some light thin spots. Very little film on the side of the glass, just a slight haze.

Really dug the smell. Got a sweet orange citrus flavor up front and then walloped with hops on the back end. Seemed to be some caramel in there. In fact, together it reminded me a bit of the original Sparks.

Surprisingly the opposite of the smell. Got a bitter hops taste right away, giving way to a smooth, orange/tangerine finish. Really digging the taste as well.

Medium body. Oily texture. Average carbonation. Long bitter finish.

Really liked this beer. I love how the orange, tangerine and citrus hops coincide with the bitterness. Want to take some home with me.

BucannonXC5, May 23, 2012
4.33/5  rDev +20.9%

A-Golden amber/tad of burnt orange, tightly packed but moderately thin head that stuck around and stained the glass a bit!

S-I love me some citric hops...I love me some malt to support the citric hops, and I love when there is a promise of bitterness to follow this portion of the review...

T-....Yup...got some orange to match the appearance, some pine, grapefruit, and...wait...this is a borderline session IPA...awesome! So you get this nice little bight at the end that would usually accompany a higher ABV IPA but this one has a nicely packed malt sweetness that punches right after the bitter finish. COOL.

M-Relatively lighter than Burning Bush and the Hefe if I remember correctly, but we're talking a 5.2%'er against an 8%er and a hefe, which has a nice bit of diastic enzymes giving the 'pillow' for your palate. I'd say its a damn fine beer and it will be revisited.

O-As mentioned before, nice and low in alcohol. I've been tending away from stronger beer lately and have been looking for an IPA that can hang with my hop addiction. Here we go.

slayer3604, Oct 18, 2011