Follow our progress ...

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by liquidherobrewer on 02-07-2014

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 11
4.23/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Oh, man, I love the synchronicity between myself & my local, in person trader, tone77! I try to score two of everything in CANs when he is around & sometimes, between approved pics & my backlog, he beats me to the punch. F**k yeah! The CANQuest (tm) is far-reaching & joyful. Join up today!

From the CAN: "Brewed with sage and ginger to add complexity to the special French Saison yeast we use. The use creates notes of citrus and pepper. Expect an easy drinking effervescent ale with a smooth mouthfeel." Ha! The name translates from the French for "Just the Tip". That was our mantra as young sailors - "Yeah, baby, let me give you just the tip. If you don't like it, I'll pull out completely. Otherwise, yer getting the whole nine yards!" We also sold a lot of Brooklyn bridge real estate that way ...

I gently shook the CAN before CANducting the Crack! in the hopes of rousing the lees, but to no avail. Following the Crack!, I did an inverted Glug that produced a brief finger of soapy, tawny head with limited retention. Color was solidly Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) with NE-quality clarity. Nose was very spicy with immediate notes of ginger, but underlain by a flowery perfuminess along with a saison funkiness. Mouthfeel was medium, but very effervescent on the tongue. The taste was a mélange of ginger spiciness; a light bubblegum-like sweetness; some earthy spiciness and a funk that could only be coming from the yeast. Finish was dry, but the ginger and bubblegum lingered like clove chewing gum or clove Live Savers from when I was a kid. I liked both/all of them, but I think they were marketed mainly in bars for imbibers. Welcome to the big time!

3.49/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A thanks to the commander of the canquest, woodychandler, for this beer. Looks like I am the first to review it. Fuck yeah! Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a dark golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of spices, yeast, some fruits. Taste is spicy, ginger stands out, some herbal notes, very light fruit. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a decent beer.

Juste Le Bout from Liquid Hero Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.