Irregardless IPA - Liquid Hero Brewery

Irregardless IPAIrregardless IPA

Liquid Hero Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

(Beer added by: Slatetank on 05-20-2013)
3.51/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.75

3.25/5  rDev -15.1%

4.52/5  rDev +18%

4.51/5  rDev +17.8%

4.25/5  rDev +11%

3.74/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On-tap at Al's of Hampden, Enola, PA

A: The beer is relatively clear amber in color and has no visible carbonation. It poured with some delicate lacing on the surface and a collar around the edge of the glass.
S: Light aromas of caramel malts are present in the nose.
T: Like the smell, the taste is rather malty for an IPA and has lots of flavors of caramel malts along with notes of citrusy hops—grapefruit seems to stand out in particular. There is a light to moderate amount of bitterness.
M: It feels medium-bodied and a little crisp on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer is rather well balanced between the malts and hops and isn't overly bitter. It pairs well with food.

4.25/5  rDev +11%

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%

Deep copper color with a finger of white head no lacing. Dank citrus aroma, some pine and malt sweetness. Flavor is dank and grassy lemon and lots of sweet camel malt. Chewy but drinkable. It's got a nice aroma but it's kinda average.

I have been slacking where The CANQuest ™ is CANcerned, reducing and eradicating my interminable bottle backlog, but I am now rededicated to the real mission, which is to review EVERY CANned beer in existence. I love the guys at Liquid Hero and have even been over to visit their digs in York, PA. When they began CANning, they knew of my affinity for beer in metal cylinders and began bringing me some at various events. Things bogged down while awaiting picture approval, but now, all is in readiness.

From the CAN: “Citra hops are cool, they taste heavenly, and we like using them in this beer. All you hop heads are well taken care of in the hop department with this IPA and all non hop heads will do just fine with this IPA. Irregardless of whether or not you like hops, this IPA will not disappoint. Best of all, it comes in a [CAN]. Cheers! [undersigned] Matt [,] Josh & Christian”.

I love it when I Crack! a CAN open and I get a little spritz due to its being brimful. This CAN only lead to an inverted Glug! The resulting pseudo-cascade was a pleasure to behold and created three fingers of dense, tawny head with excellent retention. Once more, it was my opportunity to indulge in a diacetyl rest and wait for things to settle down, surfing the ‘net in the interim. Finally, things were in readiness, but I was left with sticky lacing that was going to require a chisel to remove. Color was a slightly-hazy Amber to Deep Amber/Light Copper (SRM = > 9, < 13). Nose left no question as to why the Heroes chose Citra as their hop of choice. It had the requisite cattiness of good dank, reminding one of the fact that hops and M.J. are closely related. I broke out in a sweat as I reached into the drawer for my hose so that I could tie off as the hops monkey on my back began to screech and howl. I ain’t just a hophead, I am a hops junkie and although I am usually just in maintenance, there are those times that my addiction cries out for a fix. Geezing up, the mouthfeel was medium, but who cares? Gimme dem hops, man! The cattiness of the flavor washed across my tongue and into my veins and suddenly, I was flying. You dig, Daddy-O? Oh, man, I was getting right and #TheOld Lady was coming over for the weekend. I find it righteous the way she knows just how to bring me out of orbit and back to Earth. Speaking of which, warming, it had a great, earthy maltiness to go along with the hops. I untied and put the gear away, not out of a sense of embarrassment or unwillingness to get caught, but more to avoid further temptation. Oh, man, I’m sweating like a pig now, and #TheOldLady is gonna want me to jump in the shower with her when she gets home. We are big believers in water CANservation, which is why we drink beer, not water and we try to shower together as much as possible, but our core mantra is “Really save water – drink beer while showering with a friend!” and I don’t feel like sharing right about now. I gotta check the stash, ‘cause if there are two in there, we’re golden, otherwise, I’m gonna Bogart that other CAN and #TheOldLady is on her own. Yay, two CANs remaining. I sat back and let the dry finish of this gem wash over my psyche like nobody’s business. You will hate it, so I recommend leaving it all for me and #TheOldLady to drink. No? Hey, I CAN only try …

Irregardless IPA from Liquid Hero Brewery