Irregardless IPA - Liquid Hero Brewery

Irregardless IPAIrregardless IPA

Liquid Hero Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

(Beer added by: Slatetank on 05-20-2013)
4.25/5  rDev +11%

lupercmda, Yesterday at 02:41 AM
3.75/5  rDev -2.1%

Deep copper color with a finger of white head no lacing. Dank citrus aroma, some pine and malt sweetness. Flavor is dank and grassy lemon and lots of sweet camel malt. Chewy but drinkable. It's got a nice aroma but it's kinda average.

Omnium, Yesterday at 01:07 AM

chutch15, Sep 06, 2014

I have been slacking where The CANQuest ™ is CANcerned, reducing and eradicating my interminable bottle backlog, but I am now rededicated to the real mission, which is to review EVERY CANned beer in existence. I love the guys at Liquid Hero and have even been over to visit their digs in York, PA. When they began CANning, they knew of my affinity for beer in metal cylinders and began bringing me some at various events. Things bogged down while awaiting picture approval, but now, all is in readiness.

From the CAN: “Citra hops are cool, they taste heavenly, and we like using them in this beer. All you hop heads are well taken care of in the hop department with this IPA and all non hop heads will do just fine with this IPA. Irregardless of whether or not you like hops, this IPA will not disappoint. Best of all, it comes in a [CAN]. Cheers! [undersigned] Matt [,] Josh & Christian”.

I love it when I Crack! a CAN open and I get a little spritz due to its being brimful. This CAN only lead to an inverted Glug! The resulting pseudo-cascade was a pleasure to behold and created three fingers of dense, tawny head with excellent retention. Once more, it was my opportunity to indulge in a diacetyl rest and wait for things to settle down, surfing the ‘net in the interim. Finally, things were in readiness, but I was left with sticky lacing that was going to require a chisel to remove. Color was a slightly-hazy Amber to Deep Amber/Light Copper (SRM = > 9, < 13). Nose left no question as to why the Heroes chose Citra as their hop of choice. It had the requisite cattiness of good dank, reminding one of the fact that hops and M.J. are closely related. I broke out in a sweat as I reached into the drawer for my hose so that I could tie off as the hops monkey on my back began to screech and howl. I ain’t just a hophead, I am a hops junkie and although I am usually just in maintenance, there are those times that my addiction cries out for a fix. Geezing up, the mouthfeel was medium, but who cares? Gimme dem hops, man! The cattiness of the flavor washed across my tongue and into my veins and suddenly, I was flying. You dig, Daddy-O? Oh, man, I was getting right and #TheOld Lady was coming over for the weekend. I find it righteous the way she knows just how to bring me out of orbit and back to Earth. Speaking of which, warming, it had a great, earthy maltiness to go along with the hops. I untied and put the gear away, not out of a sense of embarrassment or unwillingness to get caught, but more to avoid further temptation. Oh, man, I’m sweating like a pig now, and #TheOldLady is gonna want me to jump in the shower with her when she gets home. We are big believers in water CANservation, which is why we drink beer, not water and we try to shower together as much as possible, but our core mantra is “Really save water – drink beer while showering with a friend!” and I don’t feel like sharing right about now. I gotta check the stash, ‘cause if there are two in there, we’re golden, otherwise, I’m gonna Bogart that other CAN and #TheOldLady is on her own. Yay, two CANs remaining. I sat back and let the dry finish of this gem wash over my psyche like nobody’s business. You will hate it, so I recommend leaving it all for me and #TheOldLady to drink. No? Hey, I CAN only try …

woodychandler, Sep 05, 2014

mdaschaf, Sep 05, 2014

ejimhof, Aug 29, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -8.6%

AdamP, Aug 28, 2014

Klebe, Aug 11, 2014
3.88/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Pours a light hazy copper with over a finger of head that enjoys good retention. The lace left behind by the receding head is nice and thick. The hoppiness in the nose is mild. The flavor profile is well balanced between malt and hops. The finish is pleasantly bitter.

57md, Aug 07, 2014

soulcougher, Aug 06, 2014

BaconManic, Aug 06, 2014
4.25/5  rDev +11%

tommyguz, Aug 05, 2014

MarcWP, Aug 05, 2014
4.08/5  rDev +6.5%

Had sample at SN Beer Camp Philly

A-Hazy orange-amber body, medium sized white head and soapy lacing.

S-Grapefruit, pine, florals, and grainy malts aromas.

T-The taste is similar to the aroma, can taste some of the citra hops, yum.

M-Mouthfeel gives a medium to full bodied, moderate carbonation, sweet, assertive bitterness.

O-Overall a great IPA was definetly glad to have sampled. Would buy some.

reebtaerG, Aug 04, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -8.6%

RblWthACoz, Jul 29, 2014
3.71/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

12 oz can, no date.

can was a bit over carbonated, it overflowed when cracked, and pours too big of a head. dark copper in color, off-white head. nice well rounded hoppy aroma - citrus, earth, floral all mixed in there. taste is hop dominant, but balanced with some crystal malt. not bitter at all. medium body and carbonation.

jmdrpi, Jul 29, 2014

leaversuch, Jul 29, 2014

rolltide, Jul 27, 2014

sholland119, Jul 22, 2014
3.86/5  rDev +0.8%

There is no canning date or B/D so age is unk.
Very tropical smelling from citra hops. I get mangoes, passionfruit, and peaches.

On the pour the head explodes in my glass and i need to wait several minutes to finish the pour. A beige head that's dense and lingers a good while.
The body has a rich clear amber color.

The taste is good. The taste is hoppy with a clear finishing bitterness, but the hop aroma present in the nose is absent from the taste. Not very balanced with malts really being very light and delegated to a minor role.
The trend nowadays is the showcasing of hops but I still like to see some balance too.
Overall I liked this beer it was pretty good despite the lean flavor.

micromaniac129, Jul 20, 2014