2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Schweet Ale - Liquid Hero Brewery

Schweet AleSchweet Ale

Liquid Hero Brewery visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: Rifugium on 05-31-2013)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 19 | Reviews: 5 | Show All Ratings:
Challenger

4.26/5  rDev +26%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This is a very good strawberry wheat beer. The strawberry smell and taste are pronounced, yet are not overpowering. My fiancee is not really a beer drinker and she tried it first and loved it. So I was not sure I would like it, but I was very surprised how much I did like it. It is very refreshing.

04-07-2014 17:25:03 | More by Challenger
tone77

3.63/5  rDev +7.4%

A big thanks to the legendary woodychandler for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1 inch head. Smell is exploding with strawberries. Taste is also full of strawberry, a bit of wheat, slight sweetness, very easy drinking. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a pretty good beer.

Serving type: can

02-11-2014 20:13:52 | More by tone77
GlenRockJohnZ

4.08/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I'm amazed I like this; got talked into it by my wife & the bartender @ The Hodle Tavern, New Freedom PA. I normally would run screaming away from any beer with a fruit component. At first, I thought the backtaste was honey; only when I went on line @Liquid Hero did I understand that the taste was a very light touch of strawberry. This is now my wife's favorite craft beer. I must say that the taste is light enough that the quality of the ale isn't swallowed by the hint of strawberry. Since then I've had the opportunity to talk to the brewers at their excellent small ale house and they will soon be bottling this as well as their outstanding Irregardless Pale Ale

09-13-2013 03:11:28 | More by GlenRockJohnZ
archiegraham

4.24/5  rDev +25.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

An excellent strawberry wheat ale. A nice light golden color. Strong strawberry smell, but the fruit flavor is not overwhelming like some fruity wheat beers. "Schweet", but not sickeningly sweet. Very drinkable, great for a thirsty summer afternoon.

08-01-2013 04:18:07 | More by archiegraham
Rifugium

3.34/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

First had: on tap at Liquid Hero

Hazy golden pour with a thin white head. Aroma of strawberry candy (I can smell it across the room) and toasted wheat. Lots of strawberry sweetness in the taste, candy-like and artificial, but not necessarily bad, toasted wheat in the background, and light hop bitterness. Hello, ladies! Light-medium body, crisp and easily drinkable. Something I have to be in the mood for, but it's not a bad fruit beer.

05-31-2013 21:13:26 | More by Rifugium