NoDajito - NoDa Brewing Company

Reviews by kell50:
2.75/5  rDev -17.2%

3.75/5  rDev +13%

3.5/5  rDev +5.4%

On tap at World of Beer Raleigh. Served in a pint glass with two lime wedges on the rim of the glass (not ok!).

A - golden, clear, yellow with no head nor a trace of head

S - lime, faint mint, lemon

T - wheat, lemon, lime, faintly sour

M - very light bodied, smooth, little carbonation

This is a very light, refreshing beer that would probably please most people on a hot summer day. For me though this was a weak beer but a nice concept. I would have preferred a traditional Wit to this fruit forward approach.

3.18/5  rDev -4.2%

Served from tap into a sampler tumbler. Poured a pale golden yellow with a half finger white head that subsided to a minimal amount quickly. Maintained nice lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, spearmint, bubblegum, and wheat. The flavor was of sweet malt, wheat, spearmint, bubblegum, and floral. It had a light feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this was a fairly decent brew. I know what they were trying to do here and feel that they managed to pull it off, but why? I’m all for experimenting with beers, but this aspect just wasn’t that appealing for me at all. It might have been better had I mixed it with some Gin, but that would be about it. The spearmint dominated this brew without doubt. Glad I got to try this one, but I doubt I could drink more than my sampler glass of it in one sitting.

3.77/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Surprised there is only one other review here, so I'll add something. Had it on draft at the
brewery on 8-4-2012.

Very hazy appearance. Kind of a dull, dark yellow, which I for some reason think is attractive given the style.

Lots of citrus scents (lemon-lime) and a little bit of mint. Makes sense given the mojito theme.

Pretty smooth feel and not overly carbonated.

Taste to me is almost exactly like high quality lemon tea with honey added - not everyone's favorite beer taste, I'm sure, but really different and refreshing on a hot day. Light alcohol content, which I like for this style.

I liked it enough to buy a growler after the first glass, so it works for me. Kind of like Oarsman (in application, not taste) - not something I want all the time but perfect on a steamy summer day.

3.1/5  rDev -6.6%

2.5/5  rDev -24.7%

3.75/5  rDev +13%

3.65/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I just had this beer for the first time. My husband new that I loved mojitos, so brought me home a growler immediately when it was available.

My first impression was a nice coloring and a great minty, citrus scent. When I tasted the beer, it did have a nice flavor of mint with a light hint of citrus. I did add a splash of lime to balance out the mint for my taste.

Overall, it was a great light and refreshing summer beer. I just hope it does not run out before we are able to get back by there.

« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »