Jam Session - NoDa Brewing Company

Jam SessionJam Session

NoDa Brewing Company visit their website
North Carolina, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.10% ABV

(Beer added by: Daktah on 02-28-2013)
Reviews by Brandi123P:
4.68/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

I had my first Jam Session the other night at Cowfish in Charlotte NC. I have to admit I hate hoppy beers! I saw this and she said it was a great pale ale. I decided to give it a shot! I normally get citrus beers and have to have the bartender give me a lemon to add or a orange because the hint of citrus just does not curve me right, however with this beer! OMG! It tasted like oranges and lemons and berries. It had a hint of everything I love! It was light and smooth going in. When you swallow you start to get all the hints of citrus. This is a chick beer I have turned on 4 friends today alone! Love Love Love! I wonder if I can get at a local Charlotte Grocery store!! :D

Poured from a 16oz can into an imperial pint glass a clear deep golden with a full one finger white head atop that lasted for the duration.Aromas of Amarillo hops abound,leafy,with some sweet onion and aspirin,wich I tend to like,caramel malts show thru more as I drink more.Hops dominate the palate up front with leafy and grassy notes dominating,the aspirin notes also come into play,a biscuity maltiness holds true to the finish but the hops are the show.I really like this pale,the hop profile is fantastic and the alcohol is low so I can drink the four pack without a problem.Solid.

3.93/5  rDev +2.3%

Amber gold, crispy clear color with a nice lacy white head. Aroma is bright, fruity, and happy. Cereal grains, citrus, tropical, grassy hop. Taste is refreshing and pleasantly hoppy. This is a very easy to enjoy beer. Flavors are flowery peach, apricot, apple, pine cones, grapefruit zest, all mixed really well together. Finishes with brisk carbonation and tingly hop dryness.

4.2/5  rDev +9.4%

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

3.31/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

16oz can

Quite dark for a "session pale" - very bready with notes of spiced dough and rye. Rather dull hop profile and lacking characteristics I would like to see in a 'session'. One of these was enough - not a beer to revisit in the future.

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%