Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Heady Topper - The Alchemist

Beer added by: scottum on 03-27-2004

"An American Double IPA" 75 IBU 8.0% abv
Reviews: 2,030 | Hads: 11,323
4.76/5  rDev +2.1%

Can from pushkinwow, thanks a ton for sending this one over Steve. 16oz can into a tulip, canned January 23, 2012. 700th review.

Poured an orange brown, severely unfiltered with large particles that sit in suspension and on the base of the tulip. Good retention and spotty lace however. Nose is brilliant, but slightly more right out of the can (is this why they want you to drink it right out of the can?), loses a bit when poured into the glass. Tons of mango, pineapple, resiny, juicy and oily. Light dankness. A good amount of malt to balance. Taste has loads of grapefruit, mango and passionfruit. Chewy sweet malt character reasserting the "East Coast-iness" of this DIPA. Solid bitterness in the finish and some sweetness to lightly offset it. No alcohol to be found, and this was incredibly poundable. I can only imagine having access to this locally - a quintessential East Coast DIPA and fully lived up to expectations.

4.92/5  rDev +5.6%

Live tasting 16 oz can into Duvel tulip...

Appearance; pours a hazy yellow gold, and a moderate pour yeilds a finger of straw colored head that recedes after a couple minutes... Lacing is good with spiderwebs of head sticking to the sides of the glass. I did get a little carried away during the pour and per the warning on the can, dumped some resin and yeast into my glass so there is some suspended floaties... Will try the next one straight from the can, and no points off for my dumping sediment into the glass...

Smell; popped the tab and stepped into a tropical rainforest!! I had a feeling this was coming given my experience with Abrasive and the fact that it's canned as well... I'll save my "can revolution" talk for another time and place but this beer smells phenomenal. Citruses such as orange and grapefruit and tons of tropics, mango, hints of peach, and pineapple.

Taste; absolutely the smell personified here.. Pineapple, orange and grapefruit rinds, mango, peach, tangerine, just the faintest hints of pine, with the perfect amount of hop bite that sneaks in after a couple sips... Notes of caramel, round it out... Exceptionally well balanced.

Mouthfeel; on the fuller side of medium body, slightly sticky with a lingering bitter finish that never becomes overbearing or intrusive carbonation is perfect.

Overall; DAMN. This is one hell of a beer, and I will be continuously on the lookout for more. Absolutely fantastic DIPA.

Revisited direct from the can 3/17/12;

Live review, can directy into my mouth...

Appearance; looks great, a slightly polished silver color with screen printed black graphics... No dents, dings or major scratches, information about the brewery on the back along with an advisory pro-recycling statement.

Smell; great tropical aromas spring out of the mouth hole and continue oozing out of the can, mango, pineapple, tons of other assorted tropical aromas that I can't quite pin down..

Taste; simply outstanding pineapple, citrus, and markedly more resinous notes than I picked up pouring into a glass... A slightly more significant pine characteristic is also evident...

Mouthfeel; identical to the mouthfeel in the glass, absolutely fantastic.

Overall; direct from the can or in a glass, this is a damn fine beer. I'll be sad when Im outta these...

4.44/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Huge thanks to beerhan for this awesome extra.

Partially poured from a 16 oz. can (no date) into a pint glass.

A moderate pour yields a 1 1/2-finger cream-colored head that slowly fades after a couple minutes to a thin coating and thick foam ring. The body is a hazy orange amber with a light number of random carbonation bubbles. Some light lacing can be seen clinging sporadically to the glass throughout consumption but does not stick around long.

The nose is a delicious and even combination of citrus and pine. Sweet and tropical, notes of grapefruit, tangerine, and mango all come forward and make themselves known.

Sweet acidity cuts the tongue at the beginning of each sip. Strong tropical flavors of tangerine, mandarin oranges, and grapefruit meet a strong pine flavor. Upon swallowing, the citrus and pine flavors kick it up a notch, Emeril style. These flavors linger and slowly transform into a slight bitterness.

Medium bodied with moderate carbonation, this beer is easy sipping, easy swallowing, and easy to enjoy. The body is thick and coating, and allows the flavors to not only stand out but to take hold of your palate. The carbonation is barely noticeable but is certainly doing more than its fair share to contribute to the drinkability.

Consuming this beer from the can (as opposed to from out of a glass) has multiple benefits. The carbonation becomes stronger which adds to both the mouthfeel and the drinkability. The flavor becomes a bit more citrusy and loses a bit of the bitterness.

4.47/5  rDev -4.1%

16oz can...supposedly canned on Feb 14th 2012, but no date noted on the can. Served at around 45F. Big thanks to Ryan for this trade!!!

Pours very hazy if not a bit chunky orange with a one finger off-white head that retains well and leaves some rings of lacing behind.

Aroma is fresh orange, tangerine and grapefruit citrus, pineapple and peaches, some sniffs tend more toward a dank and piney hop profile. Overall a citrus and fruity hop bomb. Malt? Why bother... Very good to excellent strength.

Flavor is an onslaught of all the things that make a great IPA. Tons of orange, tangerine and grapefruit citrus, pineapple, some pine, resinous and a little dank, minimal malt backbone, fantastic strong bitterness on the finish and a bit of alcohol. Super JUICY!

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, oily and sticky with good carbonation.

An incredible, world-class Double IPA that is more than worthy of all the praise it receives. Very complex for the style, it’s got a little of everything a hophead desires. While I should be going slow and savoring my only can, this is dangerously drinkable and going down pretty fast. Fantastic!

4.95/5  rDev +6.2%

I've been drinking these over the past few months and the batches have varied a bit. All I can say is, if you live near Healthy Living in South Burlington VT, grab a 4 pack today (toward the back). This is the best batch I've had. The tropical juice is just sublime. I did have one batch where I hardly detected any juice, it was most straight up hops. This one is just right. Juicy. Piney.
Slightly slick feel in the mouth. I almost cried from happiness after I popped the can and gave it a sniff. I'm drinking this one out of the can as directed. I'll probably try the next one out of a glass.I'll probably go for a third since wife isn't home. Gotta go, I
got a new fuzz pedal for my guitar today and the best batch of Heady to date. Life is good.

4.82/5  rDev +3.4%

One of my favorites ... I buy a case every other month or so.

Appearance - is a cloudy, golden orange and small amounts of debris in suspension. Lots of speculation on what is is, but we all seem to agree it tastes pretty damned good! I always wish for more head.

Smell - grapefruit avalanche with spots of other citrus ... minimal but present pine and perhaps a little lemongrass.

Taste - the gift that keeps on giving. waves of aromatic hops roll to the back of the tongue and crash on the shoreline of the pallet. Huge bitterness balanced with mingling sweetness. Maybe a little diacetyl buttery inbetween??? Very complex beer ... I may never fully understand its beauty.

Mouthfeel - rich, thick, and slippery. Very modest carbonation.

Overall - a very rich and rewarding beer. The kind of beer that spoils you and makes you question others that you liked a month ago ...

4.67/5  rDev +0.2%

Pretty stoked to have this beer. Poured some into a glass so I could see it, and the rest I drank out of a can.

A. Orangy hazy. Nice.
S. nice pine and grapefruit, citrus back end.
T. Good, damn, good. Hope forward that doesn't linger. Citrus back bone.
M. Medium level carbonation, but otherwise smooth.
O. Really good, well above average DIPA. Best beer out of a can that I have had.

4.85/5  rDev +4.1%

This brew is only one word and that is FANTASTIC! totally lives up to all the hype. its a must try before you die beer.
I have had it right from the can and ive had it out of a pint glass and its just so dam tasty i cant believe it packs a pretty good punch with 8%abv. So fresh and smooth

Had this straight from the can as recommended. Was a little strange as I NEVER drink straight from the can/bottle, but I have to say it worked. Such a well balanced beer I could not believe it. Outrageous hop flavor but zero bitter bite. Excellent malt profile. The sweet hop taste lingered well after I had finished the can.

I have had Pliny the Elder fresh from the RR brew pub and Heady Topper from a can is every bit as good. Absolutely one of the best 2-3 beers that I have ever had.

4.59/5  rDev -1.5%

Thanks to claaark13 for this.

I know the can says to drink the beer directly from the vessel, but for review purposes, I wanted to see it. Pours a beautiful, hazy orange with lots of sediment and a 2-finger, frothy off-white head; minimal lacing. It looks very raw; as if it's not ready to be consumed. This is about to get interesting...

Smell is overpowering fresh grapefruit, tropical fruit hops with a hint of herbs. The taste is sweet/slightly bitter grapefruit & tropical fruit hops (mango, maybe pineapple and passion fruit) with some herbal hints; faint caramel malt flavor. Mouthfeel is medium-bodied, lots of carbonation, yet smoother than I expected. This is not as chewy as I expected, but the bits of sediment are noticeable.

This is a hop bomb like no other. Rough & raw, but if you love grapefruity DIPAs like a PTE, you'll love this.

4.89/5  rDev +4.9%

Drank straight from the can, which was purchased the same day of canning. This particular can was drank 1 day after canning.

A - though drank from the can, had a 2 oz. sampler on tap at the brewery when purchasing and the appearance was a cloudy golden yellow with a good amount of white head

S - Delicious hop aroma with citrus and a bit of pine

T - very smooth, just like described on the can, this packs a lot of hop flavor, but not in an abrasive way. Also a little malty sweetness to round it out.

M - medium body, with a good amount of carbonation that makes this pleasant to drink.

O - Great beer, something I can enjoy over and over again

4.82/5  rDev +3.4%

Big shout out to SilentJay for picking me up a case of this when he was up in VT this weekend and meeting me when I flew into Boston/NH for a few weeks. A mystery box will be coming his way soon. Should have been a batch within a week, two max.

A: Following the directions of the can, I drank it straight from the can versus pouring. Perhaps my next will be into a glass.

S: Even from the small opening of the can, quite the aroma. Plenty of citrus & tropical fruits and hops.

T: This is without a doubt the most well balanced DIPA I've had. Finally a benchmark has been set for what they should taste like. The hops and tropical fruits meld together perfectly without a harsh after-taste.

M: Pretty light bodied with just the right amount of carbonation.

O: I was wondering if this would live up to the hype and it certainly did. It is certainly the best DIPA I've tasted. Not even because of the flavors but just because how well balanced everything was. I'll be interested to see the difference in a few weeks from the fresh one I have right now. The only disappointment is after this is gone, I won't be getting any for quite awhile.

4.65/5  rDev -0.2%

Pours a nice hazy orange a with a big creamy white head on top. A fair amount of sticky lace left behind.

Wonderfully aromatic with a boatload of citrusy hop character. Grapefruit and orange stick right out there. A fair bit of sweetness with even a slight vanilla-like note that is certainly unexpected but rather pleasant.

The bright and citrusy hop aromas cary over well into the palate. Deliciously hoppy without the mouth puckering bitterness you often find in DIPAs. Sweeter than your typical IPA/DIPA but not cloying at all.

Mouthfeel comes across with a nice smooth and creamy medium body feel. Overall, Heady Topper is hard to beat. I might just have to make more trips to Vermont from now on.

4.68/5  rDev +0.4%

Reviewing straight from can to mouth per the request of the brewer. Poured a small amount in a Duvel tulip to assess appearance.

A: Poured a cloudy straw yellow color with small to moderate lacing and glass retention. I see some yeast particulate suspended in the air. About average, which is why I suspect we are directed to consume from the can.

S: As I first crack the can, a geyser of hop propelled CO2 assaults my face. After I regain my senses, essences of pine, dank moss, pineapple, orange, fresh flowers. It presents itself surprisingly sweet, but make no mistake, it oozes with fresh hop aroma.

T: Everything an DIPA should be. My palate is ravaged by concentrated hop juice. The balance of pine, honey toasted biscuit, grapefruit, orange, and lemongrass intertwine to create a symphony of hop magic. It has a relatively light malt backbone.

M: Chewy and juicy, medium body, balanced carbonation. The balance of the elements only serve as a conduit to facilitate the coating of more hop resin in my mouth. The finish is incredibly smooth with no indication of the 8% ABV. Extremely drinkable.

O: A perfect example of the style, this was a treat from start to finish. Do I want more? Yes.
World Class.

4.6/5  rDev -1.3%

can aquired from trade with shcufj. no freshness info.

pours a golden amber into my snifter capped by small head with good retention. Head reduces to a lacing cap. Aroma is of tropical fruit and light caramel. Pineapple upfront on the palate with tangerine, and canned peaches. Caramel provides the backbone. Mouth is light bodied. excellent.

2.88/5  rDev -38.2%

I've had many a can of Heady Topper over the past few months, and with each one I'd hoped that my opinion of the beer would change for the better. I'll review my inaugural taste here, as it hasn't changed at all really. 16 oz. can poured into a Duvel tulip. Reviewed from notes.

Pours a fairly dark orange with nice clarity, in spite of the small bit of suspended yeast. A one-finger white head recedes pretty quickly, leaving minimal lacing.

The nose is very, very nice. A lot of citrus fruits, bright oranges and mangoes. But there is an off-putting, lingering aroma of quasi-rotten fruit that I just can't shake. It's a very curious sweetness that just seems unnatural.

Hops seems oddly dead in the taste. Waves of malty sweetness seems to obscure any bitter hop bite. At the same time, a very strange vegetal flavor throws the balance of this beer out of whack. It seems disjointed, and though this can was very fresh, it just feels faded.

The carbonation is too low, and the mouthfeel is too heavy. Perhaps some more carbonation would help the flavors open up.

As a rejoinder, I'll add that I've drank Heady Topper straight from the can, though I didn't find that that method of presentation impacted the taste at all. In the end, I suppose it's just not for me, though certainly not terrible.

4.97/5  rDev +6.7%

My man Dino hooked up a 4 pack which he said was canned a week and a half ago. I immediately opened one. The can says to drink out of the can so for appearance I poured the 2nd can into a pint glass. The beer in glass pours a cloudy golden color, light from the pale malts, good retention and lacing. The rest of this review will be from the can. The aroma is huge and heavy as soon as you crack the beer. Tons of tropical citrus hop character assault your senses. I guess I should have expected as much from the 120 IBUs. I can't tell how this beer could smell any better: no hint of alcohol and an overload of hops. Perfect. The taste build on the aroma, if that is even possible, you again are assaulted with the tropical citrus hop flavor and yet a bit of piney resin is prevalent, too. Unbelievably smooth. Unreal how balanced this beer is. Malty sweetness with fruity character from the hops. Clean. Smooth. Medium bitterness, not over the top, no clue this is 8%abv. Amazing flavor. Again, not sure how this can get any better. The mouthfeel is full and creamy and rich and smooth. Very well balanced. Overall, this beer is phenomenal. Perhaps because it was fresh, this is now the standard for DIPAs, sorry Pliny. I will do whatever I can to obtain more. Terrific.

4.9/5  rDev +5.2%

A: Pours hazy, golden. Lighter color than I expected but still beautiful. Reminds me of a dank heffeweizen...haze for days. Very little head that dissipates quickly.

S: The aroma smacks you as soon as you pop the top. Tropical, pungent hops embed themselves in your nostrils and have no intention of going anywhere soon. This might be the best smelling beer I've ever had the pleasure of laying my lips on. Absolutely delicious aroma...can't wait to dive into this one.

T: Taste is an exponent of the aroma. Fruity, piney and dank...wow! So smooth even with all the IBU's, very bitter at first but then an inviting sweetness envelops your mouth and everything blends together so well. As this beer warms the tropical notes take center stage and surprisingly this beer becomes easier to drink as it warms. Not harsh at all at 8% and 120 IBU's...just amazing.

M: So rich and creamy in the mouth. The carbonation is a little lighter than I was expecting but it makes sense as you work your way through the beer. With all those hops a light carbonation doesn't wreck your taste buds...allows you to enjoy the depth of the hop profile. Well done...

O: I got a 4 pack of this bad boy from a buddy who lives in the Boston area. I've had many IPA's and DIPA's but there's something different about this one. Every sip you take invites you back for several more. I received a box with a 4 pack of Heady Topper, 4 pack of FBS, 3 Expedition Stouts and a FW 14th anniversary bottle and i honestly would have been more than content drinking the Heady Topper all night. Absolutely lives up to it's rep...I just wish I had more. I've never had Pliny but if it's better than Heady Topper then it's the world's 8th wonder. Absolutely delicious...get some if ya can.

4.84/5  rDev +3.9%

16oz. can, purchased at the brewery. No coding. Told by an employee that it was "probably" canned on 2/10/12. It's fresh, okay?!

Cloudy, glowing orange with some chum floating around. Small head, without much lacing or retention.

Aroma has it all. Hops in spades: pine resin, bright citrus, tropical fruit, melon, and a big floral note. Most IPAs have one or two hop qualities in the nose, but Heady Topper seems to have them all, I do reckon. Wow.

Flavor has some pale, malty heft to it, but not in terms of richness. The alcohol has to come from somewhere, right? This beer is a vehicle for hops, and they come through loud and clear in waves of drinkable goodness. Lots of sappy, resinous hop character. Fruity, but not as strong or citrusy as the aroma. Nevertheless this stuff is really, REALLY good. Mouthfeel seems a touch under-carbonated-- is this intended?

Great to drink some fresh, fantastically hoppy beer from New England. As the Bros. have preached all along, East Coasters know how to hop (even if they are emulating West Coasters). Prost! Slainte! Cheers!

4.41/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Recieved in a trade along with fresh Hopslam from NDAK, thanks man, we will swap again.

First off the can thing, I was told to drink it from the can so I am.I like good canned craft brew, Caldera IPA is IMHO world class in a can.So I forgo the appearance to be loyal. Wow ! Not what I was expecting. Huge bitter hops, the first wave is insanity, then the tropical fruits come into play, grapefruit is the most predominant initially, then wave after wave of mango, bitter orange, huge mint, and fresh ground black pepper. The finish goes on for ever ! This is one complex beer, each sip reveals more layers of fruit and bite. I am digging this bad boy big time.

I have one more can to play with and I think I may split it between my glass and the can for a more traditional experience and to see what this delicious brew looks like.

I am so glad I have finally been able to get a taste of east coast goodness, it really lives up to the hype, truly unique and original.

4.85/5  rDev +4.1%

Appearance- Cloudy orange, can't see threw, small white head with small group of bubbles in the middle, head dissipates quickly. The cloudiness makes me think there is a ton of hops in it.

Smell-Grapefruit mango topical fruit hops

Taste- This is what i want as far as an ipa goes. Very citrus throughout with a lingering grapefruit taste and bitterness. The taste starts out strait citrus but then grapefruit and bitterness build until the end. It says drink from the can, and is great from the can but i do think it taste better out of a glass. I think you get a lot more of the grapefruit flavor this way. The more i think about it, it is better out of a glass. That being said, the can is fine if the occasion calls for it, even if that means just wanting to drink out of a can at your house instead of dirtying a glass.

Mouthfeel-Like carbonated light pulp orange juice leaves you wanting more

Great double IPA. One of the best i have ever had. Reminds me of galactic double daisy cutter, but definitely has its differences. I am really getting in to can beers lately and the 16oz can makes for a great disc golf companion. If this was shelf beer where i lived i would be in trouble and they might run out.

4.48/5  rDev -3.9%

Appearance: N/A Enjoyed from the can, as the brewer recommends

Aroma: Powerful citrus/tropical hop aroma. No trace of malt.

Flavor: Follows the nose. Very strong, lasting tropical hop flavor. Smooth bitterness and citrus hop on the back. Any malt flavor is totally overpowered by the hops.

Mouth: Lighter body for an 8% beer. Highly carbonated. Fairly dry finish.

Overall: An absolute hop-bomb. Must drink for any hop-head! Might be a 'better' beer if it had some malt flavor, but that's really not what the brewer is going for here.

I scored 3 four packs of this beer thanks to my parents who had vacationed briefly in VT. Trying this out of a glass first, then out of the can for kicks and giggles... because it says so. Something about releasing the hop aromas.

The appearance is a very cloudy gold color... almost yellowish. A few flecks of very fine sediment are visible. The beer is topped with a puffy white head that is very thick at first, but later settles down to the size of about a finger. It looks just right hanging there as it clings lightly to the glass.

The vast aroma give me the chills as I take it in. My first impression is that of an exotic, fresh fruit stand. Of course pineapple, grapefruit lemon/citrus, but also strawberry and mango - all very sweet. Something about the spice reminds me of potpourri and clean linen. There is an underlying piney resin notes are detectable beneath. When I lean in to the can rather than the glass, the resiny cannabis subtleties are much more 'outspoken.'

Now for a taste! Wow - this isn't going to be easy. Very complex to say the least. From the glass - a very quick 'juicyfruit' start coats the mouth and disappears at which point a dose of strong pine flavor, almost like gin for a second pops in. Finally, a very resinous character presents itself and takes over my palate for the bulk of the experience. There seems to be a doughy malt aspect intermingled with this resinous taste as well. The finish is a giant snap of bitterness.

It's interesting that this is kind of a medium bodied beer, does not seem 'boozy' or instantly 'warming' as it goes down, but I would say that after you take a little break from sipping you 'feel the alcohol' in your gut - a good thing if you ask me.

Overall - Definitely an acquired taste but I like it quite a bit. This is the most interesting and complex DIPA I have ever had. It's not so easy to talk about or assess simply.

Now - I am going to try a second one straight out of the can instead of from the glass. *Drum roll* I like it better from the can! Never would have guessed. With this beer - picture drinking a milkshake out of a big straw vs drinking right from the glass. The can is the straw - you get more of a concentrated blast of taste vs from the glass. Perhaps it is because there is no aroma preview, so to speak. The various aspects of the flavor previously described seem more together, hitting me at once instead of in stages this way. The sweetness seems to stick around longer and the resinous aspect seems less earthy and more spicy, more organic. Delicious orange rind dominates. Changing this to a perfect score. I'm glad I have a decent amount of this - will be sharing with close friends. Get some if you can.

4.74/5  rDev +1.7%

I’m torn here. The brewers leave instructions on the can. Rather than enjoy the beer poured out into a glass, as common sense dictates, they wish us to drink it straight from the can. Normally, I’d do as the brewer says, no questions asked. This kind of goes against my principles though. In the end I decided to enjoy it from my New Belgium globe, though I did decant it, again, as dictated on the can. If I’m ever able to score another can or two or this, I’ll try it straight from the can and see which experience I find more enjoyable.

A: Pours a very hazy golden color. Eggshell white head has good retention, but eventually settles down to a thin slip. Lacing is very sparse and occurs only in small dots.

S: Dank, oily weed. Some soap and wet leaves. All the requisite citrus scents are here too. Mango puree, tangerine, pineapple, et al. There’s an underlying aromatic pine needle scent too. All of this sits atop a doughy malt base. This smells delicious, and definitely unique. It’s unlike any other IPA I’ve ever had.

T: Citrus bitterness punches you in the face immediately. Bitter grapefruit and pine resin intermingle. The tide of bitterness builds a bit, but plateaus off at a nice even level and stays resiny throughout. Tropical fruit flavors play on the tip of the tongue. Pineapple, kiwi, tangerine, and other flavors come to the forefront, though the bitterness never lets up. Oily and leafy hop tastes are there, though I don’t get any of the soap that was present in the smell. The malt base seems sweeter than the nose belied too. It tastes doughy but also a bit sugary. Pina colada just before the finish. Finishes with plenty of tropical fruits and a receding tide of resiny bitterness.

M: Light in body, but certainly not lacking substance. Very creamy and smooth in the mouth, with just a bit of an oily impression. Low carbonation, but just enough to get the job done. It’s like drinking a cloud.

O: This is absolutely delicious. As close to perfect as I’ve come across to date. Maybe the easiest drinking DIPA I’ve ever had. It feels like a found a part of my soul that I never even knew was missing. I’m not a religious man, but I’m fervently praying that this gets regular distribution to MA.

Notes: One of the few beers I’ve had of late that not only lived up to the hype, but completely surpassed it. I think I need to plan a road trip in the near future to try and secure a case of this.

4.67/5  rDev +0.2%

Thanks to my Fraternity brother Devin who lives out in VT now for sending me two 4 packs of HT.

I drank part from the can and part poured into a snifter. After pouring it into a glass it produces a nice 2 finger width white head that leaves nice lacing with each drink. It is opaque orange/copper color. The nose is amazing great fruit smells first grapefruit, lemon, and a hint of sweetness from a fruit like mango also there is a good piney smell along with the fruit smell. Great bitterness up front but it balances well with the sweetness form the malt the bitterness is a good combination of fruit bitterness like grapefruit and a piney bitterness. All round great balance of flavors that you find in DIPA's. Mouthfeel is medium, carbonation is on point for the style. Over all this is an amazing beer If I could buy this off the shelves where I live I would have two 4 packs on hand at all times.

Heady Topper from The Alchemist