Mango Cilantro Category 3 IPA - Due South Brewing Co.

Mango Cilantro Category 3 IPA
No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Due South Brewing Co. visit their website
Florida, United States

(Beer added by: SaCkErZ9 on 09-20-2013)
3.59/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

This was served on draft at the brewery. Served in a 12oz glass I believe. Pours a light amber golden color with a one finger sized, frothy head. Some lacing grabs the sides of the glass as the head recedes fairly quickly into a smattering of white dust on top of the beer.

Aroma is pretty nice. However, there is very little mango and NO cilantro in the aroma. I am guessing that if I tasted this blindly, I wouldn't know of the additions of either adjunct. Some hops taste like mango so nothing surprising there. I was hoping to get some cilantro as that seems to be an interesting flavor for a beer, but I got nothing.

The flavor has a bit more of a mango kick but still no cilantro. Well, maybe a teensy tinsy bit of cilantro. I do like the hop bitterness and the beer is pretty well balanced. Finishes dry, which I like,and the caramel malts are not overpowering. More west coast style which is my personal favorite. I like the beer but the special flavors are not really there.

Due South has really stepped up their game over the past two years (or is it one year) they have been open.

SaCkErZ9, Sep 20, 2013
Mango Cilantro Category 3 IPA from Due South Brewing Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.