Licher Lager - Licher Privatbrauerei

Ratings: 12 | Reviews: 5
Reviews by rsdaugherty:
3.61/5  rDev -7.9%

Bottle into pint glass
A – White coarse foam muffin topped the pint glass & dissipated quickly, left OK lacing, clear light straw color 3.5
S – Pretty minimal scent – grainy, sweet grass notes 2.5
T – Mild yeast, pale malts/grains, floral and herbal bitterness with slight citrus on the aftertaste, has kind of a sour dough thing going. More flavor & enjoyable than most I’ve had, fits the style very well and though I don’t love euro pale lagers I did enjoy this one 4
M – Nice mouth feel, thin but moderate carbonation provides a smoother experience, light body and excellent drinkability 4
O – I must say this beer was about as surprising after the pour appearance as I’ve ever had on a review. Do not judge this book by its cover, this is a tasty euro pale lager I recommend any beer lover try and I will drink it again. 4

3.21/5  rDev -18.1%

330ml bottle poured into a pint glass.

Appearance- Light straw color with one finger of head that dissipates but not entirely, does leave a little lacing.

Smells- Typical of a Euro Pale Lager, always smells a little like an AAL to me, except maybe a little breadier.

Taste- Much better than I had anticipated, Bready like I thought, but the yeasty fruitiness comes through as well, perhaps citrusy even.

Overall- Don't let the lackluster smell fool you, This is a very tasty lager. I would get it again.

3.93/5  rDev +0.3%

I had this beer in a half-liter mug at Feierabend in Seattle.

Appearance: golden hue, totally clear, with two fingers of creamy white foam. A great pour, admittedly, but an attractive beer nonetheless.

Smell: rich grainy and malty aroma. Sweet with a nice malt character. I dig it.

Taste: nicely rich malt with a nice graininess and with a big hop presence. Not overly bitter, but the noble hops are well evident. Great!

Mouthfeel: medium light body with a great carbonation and a surprising creaminess. Kudos!

Overall: this is a massively drinkable and relatable beer. I could quaff great quantities of this.

3.96/5  rDev +1%

Best by 5/4/13.

4.9% ABV per the label.

Pours a clear yellow with a foamy off-white head that settles to wisps of film on top of the beer. Small dots of lace slowly drip into the remaining beer on the drink down. Smell is of malt, grain, fruit, and some grassy aromas. Taste is much the same with grassy hop flavors on the finish. There is a mild amount of hop bitterness on the palate with each sip. This beer has a good level of carbonation with a crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a good beer that is tasty and easy to drink.

4.89/5  rDev +24.7%

Wow, under the radar, this beer with its modest packaging, reasonable pricing is surprisingly very tasty! Its a very good example of a European style lager that in my opinion, nearly emulates a good quality Pilsner.

The smell is very fresh and clean, with a slight floral scent. Carbonation retention is excellent, leaving a decent amount of lacing on the glass. Its has strong hops flavor up front, yet finishes smoothly and cleanly with a 'slightly' sweet and 'modestly' bitter after taste. A very balanced bier indeed! All around it exudes quality. Its alcohol content hovers right around %5 which for me is about perfect. I can definitely see myself easily consuming 6-8 of these in one setting. In my many years on this planet, the last 35 or so drinking German beer, this has got to be one of the best lager style biers I have ever had.

I'm going to grab another one right now....Prost!

to view more.